Smugmaps Problem -weird things happening

agalliaagallia Registered Users Posts: 541 Major grins
edited May 9, 2008 in SmugMug Support
I have been trying to use Smugmaps on my site but I am frustrated...it does not work. I activated the Around the World map using an API key from one of my Google accounts and, as a test case, I added Geography latitude/longitude to one of my photos, ttp://agallia.smugmug.com/gallery/2152827_auyRc#289451909_EVkWK.

The map box shows a single "green smuggy" at the correct location on my home page. When I click on the "green smuggy", a separate ttp://maps.smugmug.com/?feedType=geoUser&Data=agallia&Latitude=30.203901&Longitude=-91.901134&zoom=6 window comes up (right coord). But the map window remains white and the rotating "loading photos" icon spins as long as the window stays up with no change.

I tried deleting the Map API and reactivating with a another API key from another of my Google accounts. Still same problem.

Another weird thing...when I click on "Map This" at home page top, a ttp://maps.smugmug.com/?feedType=geoUser&Data=agallia
window pops up showing "agallia" as keyword but with a street map of Sunnyvale/Santa Clara California comes up? If I click "Map This" on the gallery page of my photo, the map window shows 13 characters of the gallery code but with same California street map? And even weirder, if I change the search to Smugmug User = agallia, I get a maps.smugmug.com page showing "andy williams (maps)'s Home" and "No Galleries"????

The rest of my Smugmug site seems fine so something is very wrong with maps. Any help will be appreciated as I really would like to use the map feature.
Acadiana Al
Smugmug: Bayou Oaks Studio
Blog: Journey to the Light
"Serendipity...the faculty of making happy, unexpected discoveries by accident." .... Horace Walpole, 1754 (perhaps that 'lucky shot' wasn't really luck at all!)

Comments

• richWrichW Registered Users Posts: 941 Major grins
    edited May 8, 2008
    Sorry, for the troubles. The maps outside of your homepage and other's aren't working at this time. :(
    Our Team is on it and working to fix it. Not sure of the time line involved on the repair. The odd 'Andy Williams' results are being looked at too...

BTW, your site is coming along nicely :)
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited May 8, 2008
    richW wrote:
    The odd 'Andy Williams'

headscratch.gif Whaaaaaaaaaat?
  • agalliaagallia Registered Users Posts: 541 Major grins
    edited May 8, 2008
    richW wrote:
    Sorry, for the troubles. The maps outside of your homepage and other's aren't working at this time. :(
    Our Team is on it and working to fix it. Not sure of the time line involved on the repair. The odd 'Andy Williams' results are being looked at too...

BTW, your site is coming along nicely :)
    Thanks. Map on homepage isn't working right either. Clicking on "greeny" poped up zoomed map of right area but no photo or "greeny" showing?

Other weird things happened on Map This. Reloading window with the Andy - No Galleries put me back to the California map.

Hope it can be worked out as I really want to use maps. Is there some way to keep advised?
    Acadiana Al
    "Serendipity...the faculty of making happy, unexpected discoveries by accident." .... Horace Walpole, 1754 (perhaps that 'lucky shot' wasn't really luck at all!)
  • agalliaagallia Registered Users Posts: 541 Major grins
    edited May 8, 2008
    Andy wrote:
    headscratch.gif Whaaaaaaaaaat?
    So your the "Andy" on my Map window? Crazy. I put in agallia as User or Keyword and get a California map??? Hope you guys can staighten it out.
    wings.gifI'm rooting for you! bowdown.gif
    Acadiana Al
  • richWrichW Registered Users Posts: 941 Major grins
    edited May 9, 2008
    Andy wrote:
    The odd 'Andy Williams'

Thanks for the correction :D