Old photo

jeffreaux2jeffreaux2 Registered Users Posts: 4,762 Major grins
edited May 10, 2008 in People
I dug this shot up awhile back. The Mississippi River is in the background. This was taken in 1997...the last time the Corps of Engineers opened the floodgates at the Bonnet Carre Spillway that provides a route for river water to Lake Ponchartrain to allieviate pressure on the Levee system. I am thinking we used a disposable 35mm camera. Of course, the composition is terrible, but that young lady in the center is my oldest daughter...

The second photo is my oldest daughter last weekend!!!

Time flies!!!

282414027_LEmLz-L.jpg

290315016_vNqgg-X2.jpg

Comments

• JavaLoverJavaLover Registered Users Posts: 306 Major grins
    edited May 9, 2008
    OMGosh! Time does fly! We were just looking at photos last night for my DD's 8th grade promotion. I'll have to share later when I have time to upload them.

Congrats to your DD! clap.gif
    Canon 40D, stock lens and now a Canon 55mm-250mm f/4-5.6 IS.
    tfarley.smugmug.com
  • urbanariesurbanaries Registered Users Posts: 2,690 Major grins
    edited May 9, 2008
    Wow, what a difference a short little decade makes. You should be very proud (and I know you are!) Congrats!
    Canon 5D MkI
    50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.8, 24-70 2.8L, 35mm 1.4L, 135mm f2L
    ST-E2 Transmitter + (3) 580 EXII + radio poppers
  • jeffreaux2jeffreaux2 Registered Users Posts: 4,762 Major grins
    edited May 9, 2008
    JavaLover wrote:
    OMGosh! Time does fly! We were just looking at photos last night for my DD's 8th grade promotion. I'll have to share later when I have time to upload them.

Congrats to your DD! clap.gif

Yes!!! please share yours!!
    edited May 9, 2008
    urbanaries wrote:
    Wow, what a difference a short little decade makes. You should be very proud (and I know you are!) Congrats!

Lynne....the point of my post was to demonstrate a ten year change. As an adult, ten years seems fleet, but when you see a ten year difference....a comparison....well it can be a shock.

I am indeed proud of all of my kids. In todays world of temptations of every sort around every corner they have behaved themselves admirably.

So far!!!rolleyes1.gif
  • JavaLoverJavaLover Registered Users Posts: 306 Major grins
    edited May 9, 2008
    jeffreaux2 wrote:
    Yes!!! please share yours!!

What a gorgeous daughter you have! Yes, 10 years is an amazing amount of time when raising kids. I just know the next 4 years are going to fly by and I will be where you are now. I don't know weather to laugh or cry. Thank goodness I have one more right behind her. Laughing.gif.

Ok, here you go...

2 years old in her favorite frilly pants, favorite bomber jacket, favorite pink boots and her best friend in the world Art the bear. She still has Art. iloveyou.gif
    292429625_9bGVd-M.jpg

This past December, 13 years and 9months. Hiking South Mountain with mom. :D
    292429662_iAmgt-M.jpg
    Canon 40D, stock lens and now a Canon 55mm-250mm f/4-5.6 IS.
    tfarley.smugmug.com
  • joshhuntnmjoshhuntnm Registered Users Posts: 1,924 Major grins
    edited May 9, 2008
    What a beautiful graduate. Great picture. Your photography skills have certainly improved!
  • JimmyZJimmyZ Registered Users Posts: 26 Big grins
    edited May 10, 2008
    The skin tones look great in the second photo.
  • AgnieszkaAgnieszka Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,263 Major grins
    edited May 10, 2008
    You have a gorgeous daughter, beautiful photo! iloveyou.gif Next thing you know ... and you'll be photographing her wedding!! rolleyes1.gif
    edited May 10, 2008
    Agnieszka wrote:
    You have a gorgeous daughter, beautiful photo! iloveyou.gif Next thing you know ... and you'll be photographing her wedding!! rolleyes1.gif

Lol....rolleyes1.gif

I have an older son who will....hopefully....get that photoshoot first!

I spent last night photographing a wedding. The couple was younger than my son. That stung!!!
    edited May 10, 2008
    Haha, I can imagine!! rolleyes1.gif

Oh, I didn't know you're photographing weddings! You'll need to share some of the photos!! mwink.gif
    edited May 10, 2008
    Agnieszka wrote:
    Haha, I can imagine!! rolleyes1.gif

Oh, I didn't know you're photographing weddings! You'll need to share some of the photos!! mwink.gif

Sheesh...it is my fourth attempt....for a wedding that is. I haven't decided yet whether wedding photography is really a direction I want to go just yet. I may share some later, but I am still running through the photos right now....sorting...basic edits....then probably choose a few to take farther than lightroom will go in CS3. I dunno...the lighting was horrible. Without flash, at ISO800 and 1/80 shutter speed at F3.2 the photos were inky black....so they are pretty much 100% lit by flash. It was frustrating to some degree. Luckily, I decided that I would gain nothing by shooting at ISO1600 so at least the noise is managable. Check later...if I get my nerve up I just may share a few.
    edited May 10, 2008
    jeffreaux2 wrote:
    Sheesh...it is my fourth attempt....for a wedding that is. I haven't decided yet whether wedding photography is really a direction I want to go just yet. I may share some later, but I am still running through the photos right now....sorting...basic edits....then probably choose a few to take farther than lightroom will go in CS3. I dunno...the lighting was horrible. Without flash, at ISO800 and 1/80 shutter speed at F3.2 the photos were inky black....so they are pretty much 100% lit by flash. It was frustrating to some degree. Luckily, I decided that I would gain nothing by shooting at ISO1600 so at least the noise is managable. Check later...if I get my nerve up I just may share a few.

Yeah, had the same problem this week with some engagement photos. Well, kind of ... I had the ISO set far to high on a sunny day, so now I have sooo much noise on all the photos ... UGH, to scared to work on some of them!!! :cry

Anyway ... hope some of your wedding photos will make it out here (dgrin), already looking forward to seeing them. thumb.gif
    edited May 10, 2008
    :D
    Agnieszka wrote:
    Yeah, had the same problem this week with some engagement photos. Well, kind of ... I had the ISO set far to high on a sunny day, so now I have sooo much noise on all the photos ... UGH, to scared to work on some of them!!! :cry

Anyway ... hope some of your wedding photos will make it out here (dgrin), already looking forward to seeing them. thumb.gif

...a bit of advice(that you probably already know) is that high ISO photos...with noise...tend to look best in monotones. Just go with the flow....leave the noise, and sell it off as grainy monotones. If they are well exposed, it is of course a non-issue!!!. I am sure they are fine!!!mwink.gif
    edited May 10, 2008
    jeffreaux2 wrote:
    :D

...a bit of advice(that you probably already know) is that high ISO photos...with noise...tend to look best in monotones. Just go with the flow....leave the noise, and sell it off as grainy monotones. If they are well exposed, it is of course a non-issue!!!. I am sure they are fine!!!mwink.gif

Haha, yeah right, I should just sell them as stylish photos rolleyes1.gifNot really what I was going for, but hey ... good point!! thumb.gif