Seniors Outdoors (4 of 4)

PineapplePhotoPineapplePhoto Registered Users Posts: 474 Major grins
edited May 9, 2008 in People
Last 5 shots. Again, thanks for your C&C...

I was limited to only a few places and a few minutes for each kid, so I did not have much time to "be too creative" :huh

I shot a Canon 30D & Sigma 70-200, most on a tripod, some hand held. Using a Quantum QFlash T4d for fill in light. Some days were sunny, some were overcast, and most of the time VERY windy :cry but I sure enjoyed it!

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

Alright that is it for now, next week I am sure I will have more to share. Please do Comment and Critique :thumb this is my first time shooting Seniors/outdoors.
Body: Canon 1D Mark II N | Canon 30D w/BG-E2 Flash: Canon 580EX II | Quantum T4d | Strobes & Monolights
Glass: Sigma 70-200 f2.8 | Sigma 20 f1.8 | Canon 28-135 f3.5-5.6 IS USM

Comments

• NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited May 9, 2008
    Great series! I like your nice non-intrusive lighting.
    One thing I didn't get - why tripod (unless you were shooting a whole bunch of kids in the same spot at the same time) headscratch.gif
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • PineapplePhotoPineapplePhoto Registered Users Posts: 474 Major grins
    edited May 9, 2008
    Nikolai wrote:
    Great series! I like your nice non-intrusive lighting.
    One thing I didn't get - why tripod (unless you were shooting a whole bunch of kids in the same spot at the same time) headscratch.gif

canon 30d + battery grip + quantum radio slave sender + sigma 70-200 = very heavy. eek7.gif

I was shooting several kids, not at the same time, but in the same area.
    Body: Canon 1D Mark II N | Canon 30D w/BG-E2 Flash: Canon 580EX II | Quantum T4d | Strobes & Monolights
  • NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited May 9, 2008
    canon 30d + battery grip + quantum radio slave sender + sigma 70-200 = very heavy. eek7.gif
    I see, thank you! thumb.gif
    The reason I asked is that I personally find tripods almost useless in portrait work since they tend to lock you at a certain angle while I prefer change the latter often enough if only ever so slightly to provide a certain variety...ne_nau.gif
    I also must note that I usually keep my EF 70-200/2.8 IS on my second 40D body (the one without the grip) exactly for the same weight issue...rolleyes1.gif
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • SloYerRollSloYerRoll Registered Users Posts: 2,788 Major grins
    edited May 9, 2008
    Looks like you used a flash in these shots. But your avatar sig says, "Say NO to Flash"ne_nau.gif
  • PineapplePhotoPineapplePhoto Registered Users Posts: 474 Major grins
    edited May 9, 2008
    SloYerRoll wrote:
    Looks like you used a flash in these shots. But your avatar sig says, "Say NO to Flash"ne_nau.gif

Correction my friend, i used a Qflash mwink.gif

lol. I am usually against flash-ed looking shots. More than against using flashes or strobes per se... red-eye, dark-backgrounds, etc... pictures I have to correct at the lab sometimes...
  • joshhuntnmjoshhuntnm Registered Users Posts: 1,924 Major grins
    edited May 9, 2008
    Great shots. all but the first one seem to have quite a bit of headroom above the head. cropped for 8 X 10 I assume this will go away.