Newborn...

KimballPhotographyKimballPhotography Registered Users Posts: 133 Major grins
edited April 7, 2005 in People
A friend of mine just adoped a beautiful baby boy. He was born on Saturday and she had me come over Monday to get some pics of him. So in the pics he's a whoppin' 3 days old. Occasionally would open 'one' eye lol, but a cutie pie none the less. Taken indoors, window lighting, flash used - bounced. Here are a couple. Comments, critiques welcomed!

19020584-L.jpg

19019049-L.jpg

19003648-L.jpg

19023700-L.jpg

19021350-L.jpg
Natalie:thumb

A single photograph can tell an entire story and bring back a multitude of memories.

Comments

• 4labs4labs Registered Users Posts: 2,089 Major grins
    edited April 6, 2005
    I think I like baby pics as much as dog pics. I really like the foot pic the best, you probably can clean up the skin easily but shoudl a 3 day old have perfect skin? Guess its personal preference. Thnxs for sharing and keep them coming :-)
  • thollawathollawa Registered Users Posts: 21 Big grins
    edited April 6, 2005
    Greatness!!!!
    Canon 50D | 24-70 2.8L USM | 70-200 2.8L IS USM
    ToodHollawayPhotography.com
  • wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited April 6, 2005
    I really like what you did with the first one. Nice compo, perfect room for the fonts. thumb.gif
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • JimFuglestadJimFuglestad Registered Users Posts: 152 Major grins
    edited April 6, 2005
    Those first two are especially nice. Really good work with the lighting and depth of field. I think the foot shot looks like a bit too much light on it (from a flash?). I'd suggest working it in black and white.

Very nice job, I'm sure your friend is very happy!

Jim
    Live with intention.
    Walk to the edge.
    Listen hard.
    Pratice wellness.
    Play with abandon.
    Laugh.
    Choose with no regrets.
    Appreciate your friends.
    Continue to learn.
    Do what you love.
    Live as if this is all there is.
  • KimballPhotographyKimballPhotography Registered Users Posts: 133 Major grins
    edited April 6, 2005
    4labs wrote:
    I think I like baby pics as much as dog pics. I really like the foot pic the best, you probably can clean up the skin easily but shoudl a 3 day old have perfect skin? Guess its personal preference. Thnxs for sharing and keep them coming :-)

Yeah, I thought about cleaning up his skin...but decided that's who he was at that moment, so left it. If she asks me to I will. I also love the foot pic. I have several more :D if anyone wants to see more feet, lol. Thanks for your response :): .

A single photograph can tell an entire story and bring back a multitude of memories.
  • T4TotsT4Tots Registered Users Posts: 198 Major grins
    edited April 7, 2005
    The first one is my favorite!!! You did such a great job. I love the angles you got and the perspectives with the foot and up close facial. Feet are really great in black and white. If you get another chance to take his picture, my favorite shots are the ones of baby holding mommy or daddy's finger. Getting pics of baby's bits and pieces makes for a great collage.
    Tina Folsom :lust
    Photographer and Mom of Four!
    wxwax wrote:
    I really like what you did with the first one. Nice compo, perfect room for the fonts. thumb.gif

Thanks! I think that is one of my favorites from the whole shoot
    iloveyou.gif

• KimballPhotographyKimballPhotography Registered Users Posts: 133 Major grins
    edited April 7, 2005
    T4Tots wrote:
    The first one is my favorite!!! You did such a great job. I love the angles you got and the perspectives with the foot and up close facial. Feet are really great in black and white. If you get another chance to take his picture, my favorite shots are the ones of baby holding mommy or daddy's finger. Getting pics of baby's bits and pieces makes for a great collage.

Thanks T4Tots! I'll play around with my feet pics. I do have a few of him with mom and dads hands. I also put together a really quick collage (when I have more time I'll make a better one). Here are a couple of them...

19019662-L.jpg

19017759-L.jpg

Thanks again for your responses!!