Sony a100 vs a200

LsevenLseven Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
edited May 11, 2008 in Cameras
Hi first post so I'll try not to ask anything too stupid. I searched but didn't find a lot on the Sony DSLRs. I've read some good reviews on the sony/minolta and have had minoltas for years. I also have a decent lens I would like to be able to use. Tried the lens 75-300 on a a200 today and it seems it will work out very well.

My question is based on what I thought I read somewhere that the a100 was in someways superior to the 200 but can't find that review now. DP review still doesn't have a 200 review for side by side comparison. Oddly butterfly photo is selling the 100 for more money than the 200. I'm in Canada and it may be possible to get a 100 on clearance price. OTOH the price right now on the 200 is pretty good.

Does anyone have any input from experience with both cameras or could you refer me to some other review sites besides DPreview? Thanks for the help. I may pick this thing up as soon as tomorrow.

Comments

• ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 24,079 moderator
    edited May 10, 2008
    I kind of like this review and they do discuss differences between the a100 and a200:

http://www.imaging-resource.com/PRODS/AA200/AA200A.HTM
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • LsevenLseven Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
    edited May 11, 2008
    I thought I replied to this yesterday. Oh well. Anyway thanks. I saw that review and a few others yesterday. Not sure where I thought I saw any favour for the 100 over 200. Everything seems to say the 200 is all improvements. I think I'll pull the trigger.