Blue Mood

1pocket1pocket Registered Users Posts: 299 Major grins
edited May 13, 2008 in People
Recently shot this set, trying to go for some more dramatic studio lighting than usual. There's a gallery of about 50 others here, please feel free to visit and let me know what you think: Maxine
Comments and criticism encouraged

282098127_UrVSg-M-1.jpg

282100748_y9RKF-M-1.jpg

282096600_xKxyE-L-1.jpg
My humble gallery...
www.steveboothphotography.com

Pool/Billiards specific...
www.poolinaction.com

Comments

• RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,955 moderator
    edited May 13, 2008
    I like the blue mood, but I think there is a little too much shadow in the first two. The third is better, though even there I can see very little detail in her hair. Maybe a little less drama ne_nau.gif?
  • 1pocket1pocket Registered Users Posts: 299 Major grins
    edited May 13, 2008
    Richard wrote:
    I like the blue mood, but I think there is a little too much shadow in the first two. The third is better, though even there I can see very little detail in her hair. Maybe a little less drama ne_nau.gif?
    So you might have liked a little 'kicker' focused on her hair it sounds like...

The first shot had no fill at all, and started as more of a test shot, but looking at it, we decided we liked the extreme look of it. I did play with adjustments to a fill light throughout the shoot, which definitely warmed up her face the more it was cranked.
    My humble gallery...
    www.steveboothphotography.com

Pool/Billiards specific...
    www.poolinaction.com
  • CantfeelmyfingersCantfeelmyfingers Registered Users Posts: 531 Major grins
    edited May 13, 2008
    1pocket wrote:
    we decided we liked the extreme look of it. .
    I agree. I love the harsh shadows and the feeling I get from this photo. I think with "extreme" shadows you either do 'proper' lighting or you've got to go all the way, and number one I feel has gone all the way and I'm loving it!
    "Take my picture, Tonight I feel beautiful..."
    -Marilyn Monroe