Options

Question, customers ordering multiple prints of SAME pic but diff sizes having issues

BellaLuceBellaLuce Registered Users Posts: 15 Big grins
edited May 12, 2008 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
Greetings all!:D
Well, I have a question....the other day I had a client who happliy ordered multiple prints from our shoot! (wonderful!)
They wanted several copies of the SAME picture but in different sizes, a few 8x10's a few 5x7's etc....
On the gallery they were ordering from I had only uploaded this picture in 8x10 format.
So I got the e-mail saying to check out my order etc, so I did, and promptly noticed the size difference....No biggy I thought I'll just replace the photos... with the correct size from my computer.
Well, lo and behold everytime I replaced the photo for a 5x7 it replaced ALL the copies with the 5x7 picture....even the ones I wanted to stay an 8x10....
So the long and the short of this is---- Do I have to have every possible size for the photo in my clients gallery and have them clearly labled 5x7/8x10etc...so that they will be able to choose the "right size" picture for mulitple sizes?
IF this is the case, it makes my very clean galleries look icky...because now clients might ask why in the world the same photo is there like 10 times....
and how will they know what size they are looking at without becoming grumpy about it? :scratch
Is there something I am missing about the whole replace this photo feature once someone has ordered prints?
Thanks for the help in advance! You guys are always great at getting me in the right direction~!

Erin

www.bellalucephoto.com

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited May 12, 2008
    Hi Erin, replace the photo with a color and exposure corrected version, but leave it in the full native size and resolution. Then do your cropping in the proof delay screen.
  • Options
    BellaLuceBellaLuce Registered Users Posts: 15 Big grins
    edited May 12, 2008
    thankyou
    Andy wrote:
    Hi Erin, replace the photo with a color and exposure corrected version, but leave it in the full native size and resolution. Then do your cropping in the proof delay screen.

thanks Andy- I think I got it....
    just one more question...does that mean that I need to have the size of my prints in my gallery for viewing at "orginal"? Or can I keep that at the medium setting I have it on?

Thanks again,

Erin
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited May 12, 2008
    BellaLuce wrote:
    thanks Andy- I think I got it....
    just one more question...does that mean that I need to have the size of my prints in my gallery for viewing at "orginal"? Or can I keep that at the medium setting I have it on?

Thanks again,

Erin
    Leave it on Medium, it's fine :)
    I like to use the largest sizes, and use a custom watermark:

http://www.moonriverphotography.com/gallery/1415906_GW8CK#111118721_jGuWQ-A-LB