Mother's Day "session"

JulieLawsonPhotographyJulieLawsonPhotography Registered Users Posts: 787 Major grins
edited May 12, 2008 in People
The nursery department and preschool department had an idea to do a craft using the kids pictures. They were just going to use a point and shoot to accomplish this. My sister is the nursery director, so I told her that I would love to bring my backdrop and take the pictures of the kids for the craft. So, I brought my new flash and bounced it off the ceiling. They really turned out well and I think the parents loved the pictures. In some of them though, I noticed that the top of the picture was really flashed looking. Maybe you can see this in some here.

CC welcome.
Picture610copy.jpg
Picture614copy-1.jpg
Picture620copy.jpg
Picture622copycopy.jpg
Picture624copy.jpg
Soft and faded effect
Picture633softandfaded.jpg
Picture635copy.jpg
Picture637copy-1.jpg
Picture643color.jpg

Comments

• Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited May 12, 2008
    I'm not seeing a major issue here. Some may be just a touch over-exposed, but not by much. I think you did wonderfully:D
  • joshhuntnmjoshhuntnm Registered Users Posts: 1,924 Major grins
    edited May 12, 2008
    Great shots. love the expression in #6.

In the ones where the background is nearly invisably white, I'd like to see it go completely white.
  • saurorasaurora Registered Users Posts: 4,320 Major grins
    edited May 12, 2008
    I think you did great and the Mom's are bound to love them! The first one is my favorite - what mom wouldn't melt at those faces!!! #5 could have benefited from some fill light (reflector). They have a high-key look to them as is, so I wouldn't worry about your results. What a neat gift and so much better than most school photos. thumb.gif
  • SenecaSeneca Registered Users Posts: 1,661 Major grins
    edited May 12, 2008
    Little overexposed...but you can fix all that in PS. Looks high-key.