Lil Miss Thing

Lissa79Lissa79 Registered Users Posts: 18 Big grins
edited May 19, 2008 in People
Just a few that I did over the weekend. They are of my daughter whom thinks she's a little model....LOL....Truth is, she is a very beautiful lil girl who could easily be model material!

bw2.jpg

bw8.jpg

bw9.jpg

CC welcome. My love for black and white photographs show.

"If you photograph in color, you will show the color of thier clothes. If you use black and white you will
show the color of thier soul!" unknown
Lissa Gail:wink

Comments

• 1pocket1pocket Registered Users Posts: 299 Major grins
    edited May 12, 2008
    I like the way you filled the frame with these. It looks like you shot her in bright sunlight, which is the next toughest conditions second only to darkness. It looks like you've got some serious blown out areas. Of course, maybe that was the look you were going for, lol. Can you get her under a porch overhang, or next to a north window or some other sspot without such direct sun?

Also, you might get more feedback from slightly larger images -- say 480-640 pixels wide or high depending on orientation. Looks like your daughter has beautiful eyes, but they are kinda smalll in these pics...

There's my 2 cents :D
    My humble gallery...
    www.steveboothphotography.com

Pool/Billiards specific...
    www.poolinaction.com
  • Lissa79Lissa79 Registered Users Posts: 18 Big grins
    edited May 18, 2008
    1pocket wrote:
    I like the way you filled the frame with these. It looks like you shot her in bright sunlight, which is the next toughest conditions second only to darkness. It looks like you've got some serious blown out areas. Of course, maybe that was the look you were going for, lol. Can you get her under a porch overhang, or next to a north window or some other sspot without such direct sun?

Also, you might get more feedback from slightly larger images -- say 480-640 pixels wide or high depending on orientation. Looks like your daughter has beautiful eyes, but they are kinda smalll in these pics...

There's my 2 cents :D

Thanks for the CC! I'm still very new to photography, so what do you mean by "blown out" areas? The only reason I even did them in such bright sunlight was that I was just seeing what I could do w/o a flash. Thank you, and next time I post, I'll make sure to make the photos bigger.
  • NateWagnerNateWagner Registered Users Posts: 142 Major grins
    edited May 18, 2008
    I think what was meant by blown out areas are the parts of the face that have no details in them.

On pictures 2,3 it is the most apparent. If you look at the right side of the face (model's left) from the dimple to the ear all that can be discerned is a white blob. There is no texture or anything shown from that part of the face. They are considered blown out because the exposure on those areas is too high.

As was said, this may be intentionally done in order to create "artsy" photos, but generally you will want to avoid these areas.

Nate
    Thanks,
    -Nate

Equipment
    Canon Stuff (and third party stuff as well)
    Tampa Bay Wedding Photography
  • photogmommaphotogmomma Registered Users Posts: 1,644 Major grins
    edited May 18, 2008
    These *might* be really good shots - I'm digging the high contrast - but they're so small I can't really comment! Can you repost them larger?

Thanks! :)
    edited May 19, 2008
    NateWagner wrote:
    I think what was meant by blown out areas are the parts of the face that have no details in them.

On pictures 2,3 it is the most apparent. If you look at the right side of the face (model's left) from the dimple to the ear all that can be discerned is a white blob. There is no texture or anything shown from that part of the face. They are considered blown out because the exposure on those areas is too high.

As was said, this may be intentionally done in order to create "artsy" photos, but generally you will want to avoid these areas.

Nate

Thanks Nate. Yea I did do some stuff with photoshop elements. But I'm new at that as well, still have a lot to learn about everything
    edited May 19, 2008
    These *might* be really good shots - I'm digging the high contrast - but they're so small I can't really comment! Can you repost them larger?

Thanks! :)

Absoultely I will repost the pics larger. I am also going to include the originals before I did any type of editing.

I'll start out with Original, followed by the b/w conversions. This first one has 2 b/w conversions.

100_3236.jpg
    bw8-1.jpg
    bw.jpg

100_3245.jpg
    bw7.jpg

100_3243.jpg
    bw2-2.jpg

Please feel free to give me all the CC you can throw my way!!