Options

CH 36 when the spirit moves on... (feedback please)

Lucky HackLucky Hack Registered Users Posts: 594 Major grins
edited April 7, 2005 in The Dgrin Challenges
Initial tests for CH 36 :scratch
This was done with a police style maglite and overlays in photoshop. Does there need to be a concrete recognizable subject, or can the light be the subject? Let me know what you think, don't be shy, and don't worry about my feelings...

hoping this message finds you well -ian
Chance favors the prepared mind. -Louis Pasteur

Comments

• Options
    micknewtonmicknewton Registered Users Posts: 269 Major grins
    edited April 7, 2005
    I like it! It's a very nice abstract. The colors are wild! Some kind of focal point might make it even better.
  • Options
    devbobodevbobo Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,339 SmugMug Employee
    edited April 7, 2005
    Ian,

I am not usually that big on abstract, but I don't mind this. I have to agree with Mike that some sort of foccal point would help.

Cheers,

David
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos
  • Options
    melmel Registered Users Posts: 80 Big grins
    edited April 7, 2005
    Maybe even just a focal point that gives the light an origin (i.e. the light seems to be moving up and to the right, so maybe the focal point/origin in the bottom left)? Just thinkin' out loud...
    headscratch.gif
    I like the movement and color!

~mel
  • Options
    gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
    edited April 7, 2005
    Ok..i will tell you my 1st impressions. I see no 'body' to the shot just colour (this may well be your idea to do this maybe)

Does a shot need something concrete..well that isnt always the case for me but here i think the shot needs it.

My 2 bobs worth.
  • Options
    DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited April 7, 2005
    I think its a great image. It could very easily be found hanging in a modern or fine art museum somewhere. Unfortunately, I think you're already seeing that around voters in these challenges like to really stick to the theme - like "look, I lit something up with a flashlight".

:hide

Print it, put it on your wall and be proud. Very creative thumb.gif
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

• Options
    Lucky HackLucky Hack Registered Users Posts: 594 Major grins
    edited April 7, 2005
    Thanks everyone,
    I really appreciate all the feedback, I think this one might be able to be improved, but it's way too early to fine tune anything. I'm gonna put it in the drawer for later and keep experimenting, I'm having too much fun to stop now. :D

Thanks again, hoping this message finds you well -ian
    Chance favors the prepared mind. -Louis Pasteur