Portugal seascapes

Emmanuel CoupeEmmanuel Coupe Registered Users Posts: 48 Big grins
edited May 18, 2008 in Landscapes
Just got back from Portugal and on my way to Scotland and onto the isle of Mull in two days. But in the meanwhile I would like to present a few seascapes from the coast of Portugal.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
Your feedback is greatly appreciated.<o:p></o:p>
<o:p></o:p>
The first image is made of two exposures and a transition gradient. I don’t often use this particular technique.<o:p></o:p>
Usually two exposures by themselves are enough or I use ND grad filter therefore a single exposure. But here I don't have a simple straight horizon so I didn’t want to darken the rocks. The reason I needed the 3<SUP>rd</SUP> image for the blending is to smoothen the transition between sky and rocks. I can’t get in all the details of how this was done so I only give you the basics of my work in post process. The total time spent was roughly 20 minutes.<o:p></o:p>
The FG is shot at f16@1/2sec to get the water softened but not milky retaining some detail and for the sky f16@1/10sec

290713803_eHtt5-X3-5.jpg

This is an example of a much simpler image to process taken with a Grad filter.<o:p></o:p>
This single exposure taken f18@1/2 at iso 50. Only few minor color correction and spot cleaning and sharpening to present on the web

291319086_S5auH-X3-4.jpg

I will post more images of this trip little later…<o:p></o:p>
www.emmanuelcoupe.com

"Whatever befalls the Earth befalls the sons and daughters of the Earth. We did not weave the web of life; We are merely a strand in it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselvs.." Chief Seattle

Comments