Suggested Software Changes

BarryCBarryC Registered Users Posts: 8 Beginner grinner
edited May 13, 2008 in SmugMug Support
hi all

as a new user of smugmug, there are 3 items i've noticed that if improved would smooth my workflow somewhat or improve a visitor's experience. nothing earth shattering, just little things.

suggestions

1. make it as easy to edit the name of a subcategory as it is to edit the name of a gallery...at this time, editing the name of a subcategory seems to require that I retype it from scratch (and the original name cannot be copied and pasted)...correcting a typo in a 50 character sub-category name gets me talking to myself :)

2. when I upload images using your add-on to windows explorer, the images don't arrive in the order sent, so I have to arrange photos in the gallery each time (e.g. assume i send 50 photos, named 1 of 50 thru 50 of 50...they are sorted in windows explorer from 1 thru 50...but when they arrive in my gallery, they are ordered 27 thru 50 followed by 1 thru 26)

3. when I use search, if my search fails to find anything, then i want to get back to my home page and manually navigate thru categories, sub-categories and galleries...but (perhaps because of my customizations?) after a search there doesn't seem to be an easy way to get back to my home page other than editing the url in the browser or using the browser's back key (which i may have to use many times if i tried many searches)...not a big deal for me, but not ideal for my visitors

i thought i'd share these while i'm still new and noticing them.

barry