Vantage Pointe Vista..........IR

CuongCuong Registered Users Posts: 1,508 Major grins
edited May 16, 2008 in Other Cool Shots
This year's abundant winter snow on Mt. San Antonio with the Walnut Valley in the FG, taken with an IR modded Canon G6 from a street called Vantage Pointe Dr. The Los Angeles basin is notorious for smog and hazy condition so such clear view of the mountains is rare except during the winter months or when there's Santa Ana wind condition (offshore wind). The cloud formation was beautiful earlier, but by the time I could get to it the cloud had thickened considerably.
mountainsnow.jpg?imgmax=800

Cuong
"She Was a Little Taste of Heaven – And a One-Way Ticket to Hell!" - Max Phillips

Comments

• RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,952 moderator
    edited May 14, 2008
    That's pretty neat. The colors almost make it look like it's not populated. Well done.thumb.gif
  • SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited May 14, 2008
    Cuong wrote:
    This year's abundant winter snow on Mt. San Antonio with the Walnut Valley in the FG, taken with an IR modded Canon G6 from a street called Vantage Pointe Dr. The Los Angeles basin is notorious for smog and hazy condition so such clear view of the mountains is rare except during the winter months or when there's Santa Ana wind condition (offshore wind). The cloud formation was beautiful earlier, but by the time I could get to it the cloud had thickened considerably.
    Cuong

Hi Cuong, I was thinking the same as Richard, that the area is a huge wide open space, when in fact there is a township there.

The snow on the mountain peaks goes nice with the blue sky.

Lovely shot Cuong thumb.gif .... Skippy :D
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • CuongCuong Registered Users Posts: 1,508 Major grins
    edited May 15, 2008
    Thank you Richard and Skippy. The area, about 10 square miles, at the lower elevation is certainly populated with at least 50000 people. The hill on the right side of the foreground is the grazing ground for some cattle.

Cuong
    "She Was a Little Taste of Heaven – And a One-Way Ticket to Hell!" - Max Phillips
  • PantherPanther Registered Users Posts: 3,658 Major grins
    edited May 16, 2008
    Howdy Cuong,

Interesting shot, really a neat vantage point you've chose to shoot from, what wonderful vista.
    Take care,

Craig

Burleson, Texas
  • CuongCuong Registered Users Posts: 1,508 Major grins
    edited May 16, 2008
    Panther wrote:
    Howdy Cuong,

Interesting shot, really a neat vantage point you've chose to shoot from, what wonderful vista.

Thanks, Craig. Actually, I didn't have much of a choice since this is the only public-accessible open space along that street facing north toward the mountains, hence the hill in the foreground.

Cuong