Options

PS CS3 on Mac: backdrop

cmasoncmason Registered Users Posts: 2,506 Major grins
edited May 20, 2008 in Finishing School
OK this is really bothering me: i moved to Mac and have PS CS3. Previously, on PS CS2 for Windows, when I opened Photoshop, it would load all the palettes etc, but it also provides a white "backdrop", and the photo(s) would be on top of this backdrop.

But on the Mac, PS opens and I see thru to the Mac deskop, including whatever is running. It is extremely distracting. I have put PS in its own space, but then my desktop wallpaper is distracting. Is there any way to put a white backdrop within PS?

Comments

• Options
    SloYerRollSloYerRoll Registered Users Posts: 2,788 Major grins
    edited May 14, 2008
    I know exactly what your talking about. But I've never heard of any solutions for this.

You get used to it after a while if it's any consolationne_nau.gif
  • Options
    arodneyarodney Registered Users Posts: 2,005 Major grins
    edited May 14, 2008
    Easy, type the F key.
    Andrew Rodney
    Author "Color Management for Photographers"
    http://www.digitaldog.net/
  • Options
    SloYerRollSloYerRoll Registered Users Posts: 2,788 Major grins
    edited May 14, 2008
    arodney wrote:
    Easy, type the F key.
    Going to full scren mode isn't exacly a fix for this. You can toggle through your images w/ Control + Tab (Mac or PC). You still have lost your dock and other things unless you customize the OS display properties. <-- Don't know how to do it, but I've seen it done before.
  • Options
    edited May 14, 2008
    arodney wrote:
    Easy, type the F key.

OK, thanks! that gets me close, guess I need to assign PS its own space, since I can not resize the app. Anyway, now how do I get it to startup like that everytime?
  • Options
    arodneyarodney Registered Users Posts: 2,005 Major grins
    edited May 14, 2008
    cmason wrote:
    Anyway, now how do I get it to startup like that everytime?

Its sticky. Type F for this full screen effect, Quit. Should kick in once you launch and open a new doc.
    Andrew Rodney
    Author "Color Management for Photographers"
    http://www.digitaldog.net/
  • Options
    edited May 14, 2008
    arodney wrote:
    Its sticky. Type F for this full screen effect, Quit. Should kick in once you launch and open a new doc.

excellent, thanks
  • Options
    OspreyOsprey Registered Users Posts: 162 Major grins
    edited May 20, 2008
    From Photoshop Support
    In the View> Screen Mode menu or using the button at the bottom of the Toolbox, switch from Standard Screen Mode to Full Screen Mode with Menu Bar. And, of course, you can go to System Preferences> Display & Screen Saver and select a solid gray as the Desktop.