My kids at the park

photogmommaphotogmomma Registered Users Posts: 1,644 Major grins
edited May 18, 2008 in People
Just playing around - did all in B&W on purpose... These were my favorites. (After feeling VERY down about my photos lately, I was happy to see some fun ones result from this trip!)

294844970_QJQsi-M.jpg

This looks slightly dark on her face, but it was also pretty dirty by this time!
294843782_Z8BXb-M.jpg

294839267_9fo5U-M.jpg

294840517_pPiqJ-M.jpg

Thanks for peeking!

Comments

• BriShayBriShay Registered Users Posts: 274 Major grins
    edited May 14, 2008
    1 and 3 are my faves! Very well done, love the BW
    Shayna
    I'm a Nikon Girl:tuesday
    www.BriShayPhotography.com
  • SwartzySwartzy Registered Users Posts: 3,293 Major grins
    edited May 14, 2008
    Hey....stop it...your kids are getting older and so am I :D:D:D Nice candids there! Looks like they had a great time.
    Swartzy:
    NAPP Member | Canon Shooter
    Weddings/Portraits and anything else that catches my eye.
    www.daveswartz.com
    Model Mayhem site http://www.modelmayhem.com/686552
  • photogmommaphotogmomma Registered Users Posts: 1,644 Major grins
    edited May 14, 2008
    Thanks, BriShay and Swartzy... And they aren't the only ones getting older! Laughing.gif! I always take photos, but lately they've just been snapshots. They work, but aren't what I like.

I should also say that CC is always welcome!!! :)
  • Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited May 14, 2008
    BriShay wrote:
    1 and 3 are my faves! Very well done, love the BW
    15524779-Ti.gif and I love the B&W treatment. Nice to see a post from you again. Thanks so much for sharing - I always love seeing your work.
  • jeffreaux2jeffreaux2 Registered Users Posts: 4,762 Major grins
    edited May 14, 2008
    Great looking kids and photos!!!mwink.gif

I like 3 as well.

A question? In the last photo, I notice that the BG appears to be getting some motion blur. Is she on one of the old fashioned merry-go-rounds? If you say yes, I am gonna be VERY jealous. I have scoured our entire city looking for one to do childrens pics on, but seems they have all be tossed. I can't imagine how beautiful photos on one of those would be....hair flyin' and all that streaky BG. If that's what she is on....you are sooo lucky to still have one around!
  • beetle8beetle8 Registered Users Posts: 677 Major grins
    edited May 14, 2008
    awsome!
    1,2,3&4 are my faves
    I bet 4 is one of "those" merry go rounds
  • joshhuntnmjoshhuntnm Registered Users Posts: 1,924 Major grins
    edited May 14, 2008
    edited May 15, 2008
    15524779-Ti.gif and I love the B&W treatment. Nice to see a post from you again. Thanks so much for sharing - I always love seeing your work.
    Thanks so much, Scott! I stop in a lot, but just don't post much lately... I miss it!

Thanks again!
    edited May 15, 2008
    jeffreaux2 wrote:
    Great looking kids and photos!!!mwink.gif

I like 3 as well.

A question? In the last photo, I notice that the BG appears to be getting some motion blur. Is she on one of the old fashioned merry-go-rounds? If you say yes, I am gonna be VERY jealous. I have scoured our entire city looking for one to do childrens pics on, but seems they have all be tossed. I can't imagine how beautiful photos on one of those would be....hair flyin' and all that streaky BG. If that's what she is on....you are sooo lucky to still have one around!
    Thanks so much!!!

Well, we don't have one... we have two! Laughing.gif! It's a cool park - a real mixture of old and new. We have two of these old merry go rounds and a really neat old climbing thing as well as some ancient slides and some neat new stuff, too... I love taking photos there!
    294843056_su4wC-S.jpg

From a previous visit:
    288036728_7WeFM-S.jpg

288043011_d7BaG-S.jpg288041131_oAcGG-S.jpg

Thanks again!! :D
    edited May 15, 2008
    beetle8 wrote:
    awsome!
    1,2,3&4 are my faves
    I bet 4 is one of "those" merry go rounds
    I'm impressed that you guys figured it out about the merry go round! Laughing.gif! Thanks so much for your kind words!
    edited May 15, 2008
    joshhuntnm wrote:
    love the expression on #1!:ivar
    She is definitely a ham! I love when I catch her expressions like this - she too often mugs for the camera and they are just silly...

Thanks again!
  • AgnieszkaAgnieszka Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,263 Major grins
    edited May 15, 2008
    Love the third one. iloveyou.gif Great b&w threatment!! thumb.gif
  • urbanariesurbanaries Registered Users Posts: 2,690 Major grins
    edited May 15, 2008
    Love these new shots of your girls! I love the one of Ellie in the swing. Fabulous DOF and treatment! and the merry go round is awesome! I am jealous, too! What a great long exposure opportunity. Thanks for sharing! clap.gif
    Canon 5D MkI
    50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.8, 24-70 2.8L, 35mm 1.4L, 135mm f2L
    ST-E2 Transmitter + (3) 580 EXII + radio poppers
    edited May 15, 2008
    Agnieszka wrote:
    Love the third one. iloveyou.gif Great b&w threatment!! thumb.gif
    Thank you, Agnieska! She just kept begging me to push her, but I want her to learn on big girls swings... She was quite bummed when I wouldn't come over - but it gave me a good opportunity. Laughing.gif! Thanks again!
    edited May 15, 2008
    urbanaries wrote:
    Love these new shots of your girls! I love the one of Ellie in the swing. Fabulous DOF and treatment! and the merry go round is awesome! I am jealous, too! What a great long exposure opportunity. Thanks for sharing! clap.gif
    Thanks, Lynne! That merry go round IS awesome! I"m so loving it.... I'v taken way too many photos and not done anything with it - it's just so vintage.

Thanks again! :D
  • shatchshatch Registered Users Posts: 798 Major grins
    edited May 15, 2008
    I love the swingset shot. All of them are good, but I really like that one. Thanks for sharing!
    edited May 15, 2008
    shatch wrote:
    I love the swingset shot. All of them are good, but I really like that one. Thanks for sharing!
    Thank you so much!!!
  • Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited May 15, 2008
    These are very beautiful photos and very cute kids clap.gif
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
    edited May 15, 2008
    Thanks so much!!!

Well, we don't have one... we have two! Laughing.gif! It's a cool park - a real mixture of old and new. We have two of these old merry go rounds and a really neat old climbing thing as well as some ancient slides and some neat new stuff, too... I love taking photos there!
    294843056_su4wC-S.jpg

Thanks again!! :D

TWO??? That stings!!! If I ever do find one I might wear it out all by myself. What an excellent opportunity. I guess I can at least take heart that if there isn't one here for me to use......These at least have a VERY good photographer who respects their value, and intrigue. Please share more....you lucky dog!
  • ladytxladytx Registered Users Posts: 814 Major grins
    edited May 16, 2008
    Wonderful job on these photos. We have a merry-go-round too.
    LadyTX
    edited May 16, 2008
    ladytx wrote:
    Wonderful job on these photos. We have a merry-go-round too.
    Thanks so much! They're cool, aren't they?!?
    edited May 16, 2008
    jeffreaux2 wrote:
    TWO??? That stings!!! If I ever do find one I might wear it out all by myself. What an excellent opportunity. I guess I can at least take heart that if there isn't one here for me to use......These at least have a VERY good photographer who respects their value, and intrigue. Please share more....you lucky dog!
    Oh, jeez. I lied. I didn't think about it 'til this morning, but we actually have 3. Those two are in Gunnison, about 30 minutes away. There is another about 10 minutes away in CB South (Crested Butte South). We don't go to that park much, but now that I think of it, it would be GREAT for shots!!!

Not the greatest processing (it's about 6 months old), but....
    234094022_qfTQs-S.jpg
    234093871_nRQzR-S.jpg

I'm glad to hear that I'm not the only one obsessed. I'll share more if I get any good ones. They're actually quite hard to shoot and get what you're mentioning...

Oh, and thanks for the kind words! *blush*
    edited May 16, 2008
    Oh, jeez. I lied. I didn't think about it 'til this morning, but we actually have 3. Those two are in Gunnison, about 30 minutes away. There is another about 10 minutes away in CB South (Crested Butte South). We don't go to that park much, but now that I think of it, it would be GREAT for shots!!!

I'm glad to hear that I'm not the only one obsessed. I'll share more if I get any good ones. They're actually quite hard to shoot and get what you're mentioning...

Oh, and thanks for the kind words! *blush*
    Uhhgg!!eek7.gif

She drove the dagger deeper!!!
    edited May 16, 2008
    jeffreaux2 wrote:
    Uhhgg!!eek7.gif

She drove the dagger deeper!!!
    Oh, jeez, I'm so sorry.... mwink.gif
    rolleyes1.gif

If you get to Colorado, definitely make a point to come here! I'll charge a little extra, but I'll show you where they are.
  • DavidSDavidS Registered Users Posts: 1,279 Major grins
    edited May 16, 2008
    I love the feeling that is evoked in the swingset shot. The composition with the empty second swing really adds to the impact.
  • heatherfeatherheatherfeather Registered Users Posts: 2,738 Major grins
    edited May 16, 2008
    Oh Andi....
    Now you have given me incentive to get out there and try our local merry go round. I am going to have to do that the next time we get some decent weather. Like I had a shortage of pictures to process. (is the sarcasm evedent!?)

Great shots! Love your edgy processing.
    edited May 18, 2008
    DavidS wrote:
    I love the feeling that is evoked in the swingset shot. The composition with the empty second swing really adds to the impact.
    Thank you so much, David! :D
    edited May 18, 2008
    Oh Andi....
    Now you have given me incentive to get out there and try our local merry go round. I am going to have to do that the next time we get some decent weather. Like I had a shortage of pictures to process. (is the sarcasm evedent!?)

Great shots! Love your edgy processing.
    LMAO! You sounds JUST like me. My backlog is insane!!! I can't WAIT to see your photos - you have such a great eye!

Thanks so much!