Quick settings: can't save new ones; can't delete old

eoren1eoren1 Registered Users Posts: 2,391 Major grins
edited May 14, 2008 in SmugMug Support
I have been trying to figure out a way to quickly modify settings in my galleries and figured I would give the quick settings option a try (having never gotten it to work before). I currently have 3 quick settings - a default and two I created and would be happy to delete. I tried saving a new one by following the steps in the help file. Tried clicking save both at the top of the customize section and bottom but neither created a new quick setting. Is this because there is a max (of 3) quick settings? If so, how can I delete the others?
Thanks,
E

Comments

• BarbBarb Administrators Posts: 3,352 SmugMug Employee
    edited May 14, 2008
    eoren1 wrote:
    I have been trying to figure out a way to quickly modify settings in my galleries and figured I would give the quick settings option a try (having never gotten it to work before). I currently have 3 quick settings - a default and two I created and would be happy to delete. I tried saving a new one by following the steps in the help file. Tried clicking save both at the top of the customize section and bottom but neither created a new quick setting. Is this because there is a max (of 3) quick settings? If so, how can I delete the others?
    Thanks,
    E

Hi :)

Sorry for your quicksetting troubles! We have a really neat (I use that term loosely) bug that exists that if you have an apostrophe in a password hint in one of your passworded galleries, you are not able to create a new quick setting. I took a quick look at your site and did see an apostrophe in at least one of your password hints. Try changing your hints to not include the apostrophe and you should be able to create and delete your quick settings.

If you continue to run into problems, holler here!
    Barb
    Smug since 2006
    SmugMug Help
    PhotoscapeDesign
  • chuckinsocalchuckinsocal Registered Users Posts: 932 Major grins
    edited May 14, 2008
    rolleyes1.gifWhat a really cool feature ... and it's been a secret all this time!
    Chuck Cannova
    www.socalimages.com

Artistically & Creatively Challenged
  • eoren1eoren1 Registered Users Posts: 2,391 Major grins
    edited May 14, 2008
    Thanks Barb-
    Would you believe that's the second time an apostrophe has caused me trouble??? First was when I used to use a standalone DAM program and my keywords had apostraphes. On importing to Lightroom, things got a bit confused. Still an odd bug but, it's all fixed now. Even took out apostrophes from my gallery titles just for safe measure.
    Appreciate the quick help,
    E