Sigma Customer Service

TaDaTaDa Registered Users Posts: 169 Major grins
edited May 16, 2008 in Cameras
I received my new Sigma 30mm 1.4 on Monday. Couldn't wait to take a few shots with it, and was seriously disappointed. It was soft from 1.4 up to f/3.2. I then take a few test shots at a focus chart and it was seriously back-focusing.

Today I had to visit a customer on Long Island, so I decided to drop by Sigma's office after my meeting. I walk in, and this nice Japanese gentleman asks me what's wrong with the lens. I tell him about the softness and back-focus. He asks me if I have my body with me so that he can take a few test shots. I give him my 30D and he runs into the back. Comes back out a minute later and says "Go get a cup of coffee or some lunch and this will be ready for you in a half hour". I was shocked, but went and grabbed a coffee. Come back about 45 minutes later, and the lens is perfect and they even cleaned my 30D.

I'm still in shock. I've taken some test shots with it today and what an amazing piece of glass. I'm actually now praying that the new 120-400 and 150-500 have good IQ so that I can buy some more Sigma glass.
My Kit
Canon 5DII, Canon 7D
Canon Canon 24-70 f/2.8L, Canon 35 f/1.4L, Canon 70-200 f/2.8L IS II, Canon 85 f/1.2L II, Canon 500mm f/4 IS, Zeiss 21mm ZE
Speedlite 580ex II, Canon 430ex

Comments

• JovesJoves Registered Users Posts: 200 Major grins
    edited May 14, 2008
    Nice! Congrats on getting it fixed fast. That has to be the fastest I have ever heard.
    I shoot therefore Iam.
    http://joves.smugmug.com/
  • Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited May 14, 2008
    TaDa wrote:
    I received my new Sigma 30mm 1.4 on Monday. Couldn't wait to take a few shots with it, and was seriously disappointed. It was soft from 1.4 up to f/3.2. I then take a few test shots at a focus chart and it was seriously back-focusing.

Today I had to visit a customer on Long Island, so I decided to drop by Sigma's office after my meeting. I walk in, and this nice Japanese gentleman asks me what's wrong with the lens. I tell him about the softness and back-focus. He asks me if I have my body with me so that he can take a few test shots. I give him my 30D and he runs into the back. Comes back out a minute later and says "Go get a cup of coffee or some lunch and this will be ready for you in a half hour". I was shocked, but went and grabbed a coffee. Come back about 45 minutes later, and the lens is perfect and they even cleaned my 30D.

I'm still in shock. I've taken some test shots with it today and what an amazing piece of glass. I'm actually now praying that the new 120-400 and 150-500 have good IQ so that I can buy some more Sigma glass.

Glad to hear that you are experiencing good things with SIGMA.....I have always been lucky I guess with getting great Sigma Glass...even used.

this is us one more on the SIGMA BANDWAGON....................
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 24,079 moderator
    edited May 14, 2008
    Fantastic. clap.gif

I love a happy ending.
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • nortydnortyd Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
    edited May 15, 2008
    I'm glad it worked out so well for you :)

I'll be sending my 50-150 f/2.8 in to their AZ service center to check on focus issues as well. Too bad I don't live close enough to just walk in at lunch though.
  • dbaker1221dbaker1221 Registered Users Posts: 4,482 Major grins
    edited May 15, 2008
    Good for you!!!

I had Sigma work on a lens about a month ago & they were extremly fast for me also.
    **If I keep shooting, I'm bound to hit something**
    Dave
  • EphTwoEightEphTwoEight Registered Users Posts: 552 Major grins
    edited May 16, 2008
    I too contacted them (email) about softness on one side of my lens, and they replied within an hour or so, and not some auto generated form letter, but a real person, and then offered to calibrate it when I send it in.

So far I'm impressed with the company.