Horse

BriShayBriShay Registered Users Posts: 274 Major grins
edited May 15, 2008 in Other Cool Shots
CC always welcome

I had a team outing at work today on the K&W farm and took my camera along...

295353190_3GrYD-L.jpg

295353857_T7YgM-L.jpg

295355538_b4phj-L.jpg
Shayna
I'm a Nikon Girl:tuesday
www.BriShayPhotography.com

Comments

• SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited May 14, 2008
    BriShay wrote:
    CC always welcome

I had a team outing at work today on the K&W farm and took my camera along...

Need to watch those backgrounds BrisShay, see how the shed and all the trees are leaning to the left?

Nice looking horses, I like the colours of both horses, they look pretty happy in the paddock.

Hope you had a great day on the Farm BriShay.... thanks for sharing thumb.gif
    .... Skippy :D
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • pyrypyry Registered Users Posts: 1,733 Major grins
    edited May 14, 2008
    Aww, horsies doing what they like to do best, eating :D

I'm such a sucker for piccies of horses these days, I can't believe it meself lol3.gif

I've just setup my second time riding out and about in nature, I'll try to grab a few pictures to show off with :D

But I digress. You've got a good start, #2 is quite good. Did you find out the breeds or names of these two girls? The first looks like a draft breed, possibly on the smaller side?

To offer some critique, you could work on your compositions a bit, try putting the horse off center a bit so that there's a bit of head room above and on the side the horse is facing. Zoom in and also out for some shots, show the horse and it's world.

You could also, if you can wait for a while, take shots when the horse looks up and somewhere in your general direction for a better portrait - this is more of add to the mix sort of thing, no need to take everything this way of course.

Let's see some more horsies thumb.gif
    Creativity's hard.

http://pyryekholm.kuvat.fi/
  • BriShayBriShay Registered Users Posts: 274 Major grins
    edited May 15, 2008
    Thanks! I took them more like snapshots, i was in the middle of a scavenger hunt so just snapped and ran :)

The one with the longest tail is actually Patrick, it is a male...BUT his...uh hum...you know...just ruined my pic so bad that i cloned it out...now that i've told you that you will notice a bit of blur there Laughing.gif

I hope to go back out to this farm and really get some good ones this summer.

The female horse is bisy! They had a beautiful silver fuzzy donkey too put couldn't get it away from the fence enough to take a pic.
    Shayna
    I'm a Nikon Girl:tuesday
    www.BriShayPhotography.com
  • pyrypyry Registered Users Posts: 1,733 Major grins
    edited May 15, 2008
    BriShay wrote:
    Thanks! I took them more like snapshots, i was in the middle of a scavenger hunt so just snapped and ran :)

OK, fair enough :D
    BriShay wrote:
    The one with the longest tail is actually Patrick, it is a male...BUT his...uh hum...you know...just ruined my pic so bad that i cloned it out...now that i've told you that you will notice a bit of blur there Laughing.gif

I see rolleyes1.gif

I wouldn't have bothered with the cloning, let Patrick keep his bits. lol3.gif
    But if you think it shouldn't show, I'll respect that too, who am I to argue really.
    BriShay wrote:
    I hope to go back out to this farm and really get some good ones this summer.

The female horse is bisy! They had a beautiful silver fuzzy donkey too put couldn't get it away from the fence enough to take a pic.

Bisy is pretty :D

Be sure to post the re-shoot too thumb.gif
    Creativity's hard.

http://pyryekholm.kuvat.fi/