Gallery Styles

3n-out3n-out Registered Users Posts: 155 Major grins
edited May 15, 2008 in SmugMug Support
I have one gallery of mine that has a pull down gallery style selection.
Why is it only this one does. I would love to incorporate this for all my galleries but for some odd reason the pull down isn't on those pages.

Does anyone know why? it is driving me nuts...

Thanks in adavance...

John....
If you don't have creative enthusiasum all you have is a camera in your hands!

My Webpage - http://www.3n-out.com

Comments

• denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,339 moderator
    edited May 14, 2008
    3n-out wrote:
    I have one gallery of mine that has a pull down gallery style selection.
    Why is it only this one does. I would love to incorporate this for all my galleries but for some odd reason the pull down isn't on those pages.

Does anyone know why? it is driving me nuts...
    The gallery style selection will show if the style in the look & feel section of customize gallery is set to "viewer controlled". If the gallery is locked into a style (that is, the style is set to a specific style on the customize gallery screen), then the style drop-down will not show on that gallery.

If you want the pull-down on your galleries, make sure the galleries are all set to "viewer controlled" style.

Also - I highly recommend that you remove the _target=blank on all of your navbar entries. Opening a new browser window each time someone clicks on a different navbar button can be very annoying to your viewers. In fact, if I wander through a site that does that, I often don't return again.
    --- Denise
  • 3n-out3n-out Registered Users Posts: 155 Major grins
    edited May 15, 2008
    The gallery style selection will show if the style in the look & feel section of customize gallery is set to "viewer controlled". If the gallery is locked into a style (that is, the style is set to a specific style on the customize gallery screen), then the style drop-down will not show on that gallery.

If you want the pull-down on your galleries, make sure the galleries are all set to "viewer controlled" style.

Also - I highly recommend that you remove the _target=blank on all of your navbar entries. Opening a new browser window each time someone clicks on a different navbar button can be very annoying to your viewers. In fact, if I wander through a site that does that, I often don't return again.
    --- Denise

Thanks I'll look into this today... much appreciated.
    If you don't have creative enthusiasum all you have is a camera in your hands!

My Webpage - http://www.3n-out.com