Different kinds of perception

Yuri PautovYuri Pautov Registered Users Posts: 1,918 Major grins
edited May 16, 2008 in People
Hello, my dear friends!
Just returned from Turkey, where we spent two weeks on Mediterranean Sea.
Of course, a lot of photos and not that much time to work with them :-)

How do you find this one.

6658.jpg

Do you think that such a color solution works here?
Tourist and native.
"Sunny colorful Turkey. But something is not OK..."

Spasibo,
Yuri

Comments

• SloYerRollSloYerRoll Registered Users Posts: 2,788 Major grins
    edited May 15, 2008
    Hi Yuri,

Turkey this time of year is wonderful. I've only been there two times. But enjoyed myself immensly both times.

I don't like selective coloring much anymore. BUt I do like this one since the selective coloring isn't obtrusive. *Selective coloring to me is allo like sepia..
    There's only one thing I'd change... You should try to clone out the person holding the camcorder. They are nothing but a distraction to a nice shot.

Also, you'll want to zoom in when doing selective coloring. You'll notice the persons legs are still B&W and a fgew other spots where it looks like you didn't spemd enough time on it.

Cheers,
    -Jon
  • RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,955 moderator
    edited May 16, 2008
    How do you find this one.
    Tourist and native.
    But something is not OK..."
    Yuri

Well, Jon thought that the tourist was a distraction, so I guess that shows that despite the color, "tourist and native" isn't working. I think the problem here is that the tourist is small and out of focus. The selective color really emphasizes the trees more than the tourist, and they don't say much to me. The perspective lines do bring it together somewhat, but both the native and tourist are looking elsewhere.
  • saurorasaurora Registered Users Posts: 4,320 Major grins
    edited May 16, 2008
    15524779-Ti.gif I don't mind selective coloring if it adds to the photograph. In this case it actually detracts from the gentleman in the front and without reading the title, actually I find myself confused as to what is so special about that part of the frame? I think he's a little too far away and oof to be of interest.
  • SloYerRollSloYerRoll Registered Users Posts: 2,788 Major grins
    edited May 16, 2008
    Richard wrote:
    The selective color really emphasizes the trees..
    That's thy I like it :D It's outside the box mwink.gif