The Tokina AT-X 828 AF Pro 80-200mm ( need fast help )

ArvanArvan Registered Users Posts: 888 Major grins
edited May 15, 2008 in Cameras
I have read alot of good about this lens. It´s build like a tank and the images is very nice. Is it something to get your hands on? Does anybody have this lens here on dgrin that can give me a small review?

I know this lens is old but i like tokina and this one looks like a killer =)
I´ve bin lookin at the canon 70-200 F/4 wich is a superb lens and maby i get one of those on saturday but this tokina is most def worth a look i think.

//Arvid

Comments

• ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 24,079 moderator
    edited May 15, 2008
    Arvan wrote:
    I have read alot of good about this lens. It´s build like a tank and the images is very nice. Is it something to get your hands on? Does anybody have this lens here on dgrin that can give me a small review?

I know this lens is old but i like tokina and this one looks like a killer =)
    I´ve bin lookin at the canon 70-200 F/4 wich is a superb lens and maby i get one of those on saturday but this tokina is most def worth a look i think.

//Arvid

I have one. It is soft wide open but sharpens nicely by f5.6. It is also slow to focus compared to either the Sigma HSM or Canon USM.

Build quality is very good and the built-in tripod ring works nicely.

The images here are from that lens:

http://ziggy53.smugmug.com/gallery/1263072_zP672#59248838_V7nZa

I would recommend the Sigma 70-200mm, f2.8 EX HSM over this lens and the Canon 70-200mm, f2.8L USM is the best of all. If you don't need the f2.8 then by all means the Canon 70-200mm, f4L USM is a splendid lens in either version.
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums