Options

"The Preakness" May 17, 2008

sportsshooter06sportsshooter06 Registered Users Posts: 194 Major grins
edited May 20, 2008 in Sports
This 133 rd edition . 2 million dollars added money.

Big Brown, Crossing the finish line, wins the 133rd running of the" Preakness Stakes " Saturday, May 17, 2008

297077808_M4vro-L-1.jpg

The Images on this page are Copyrighted, any unauthorized use or reproduction, will be fully prosecuted. No unauthorized reproduction without the express consent of the copyright owner.

Comments

• Options
    SloYerRollSloYerRoll Registered Users Posts: 2,788 Major grins
    edited May 15, 2008
    Who's we?
  • Options
    edited May 18, 2008
    297077576_mzFaZ-L-1.jpg

Jockey, Kent Desmoreux and his friend " Big Brown "

297074330_hugeH-L-1.jpg

297074928_NfPXH-L-1.jpg

297075265_RVUoE-L-1.jpg

297076887_3BCe6-L-1.jpg

297077808_M4vro-L-1.jpg

297077927_kU47k-L-1.jpg

297078003_LvFJV-L-1.jpg

All photos are copyrighted, no unautorized reproduction, without consent.
  • Options
    ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,913 moderator
    edited May 18, 2008
    Jockey, Kent Desmoreux and his friend " Big Brown "

Nice smile on the horse rolleyes1.gif

Looks like it will be a try for the triple crown in a couple of weeks too.
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • Options
    tamplumtamplum Registered Users Posts: 141 Major grins
    edited May 18, 2008
    I love the first picture. We watched to race on TV last night and I was amazed at the ease with which Big Brown won. Was no effort. How great to have been there, and able to catch that shot. bowdown.gif
    **Taking the moments one shot at a time**
    ~Working with my Nikon D80~
    <My dream is to be the kind of mother, my kids already think I am>
  • Options
    edited May 18, 2008
    1st shot is really good. WB is way off though.
  • Options
    DI-JoeDI-Joe Registered Users Posts: 368 Major grins
    edited May 18, 2008
    I was at Outback having dinner and a guy who was there at the bar won $350,000 on that horse. Seemed like it was sure thing from the way that horse just up and left the rest of the field. I don't like horse racing(too round and round) that much though. I think they should have horse rally racing... *snickers*

Killer pic though. I wouldn't say the WB is way off, I'd say maybe a tweak to cool it off, but generally speaking it's appropriate for the color light that was there at the time.
    Modus Imagery
    Moving away from photography and into cinema. PM me if you have questions about DSLR workflow or production questions.
    Film Reel: http://vimeo.com/19955876
  • Options
    KEDKED Registered Users Posts: 843 Major grins
    edited May 18, 2008
    DI-Joe wrote:
    I was at Outback having dinner and a guy who was there at the bar one $350,000 on that horse.
    headscratch.gif If that's true, and I doubt it, he bet something like $300,000 or maybe more. Pretty stupid in that context. And if he had that kind of scratch to put down on a horse race, then he probably wouldn't have been eating at Outback -- no offense to you or to Outback!!
  • Options
    edited May 18, 2008
    KED wrote:
    headscratch.gif If that's true, and I doubt it, he bet something like $300,000 or maybe more. Pretty stupid in that context. And if he had that kind of scratch to put down on a horse race, then he probably wouldn't have been eating at Outback -- no offense to you or to Outback!!

well he looked like a tool, so I make no claims to accuracy. He kept saying that he had 50k on the horse and then I thought I heard that it was a 7:1 return(he was yammering about 7 times 50 grand was a good days work or something).

Anyway, he looked about ready to retire in florida(reminded me of Jerry Stiller)
    Modus Imagery
    Moving away from photography and into cinema. PM me if you have questions about DSLR workflow or production questions.
  • Options
    ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,913 moderator
    edited May 18, 2008
    DI-Joe wrote:

Anyway, he looked about ready to retire in florida(reminded me of Jerry Stiller)
    If he could retire on $300K, more power to him :D
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • Options
    KEDKED Registered Users Posts: 843 Major grins
    edited May 18, 2008
    DI-Joe wrote:
    well he looked like a tool, so I make no claims to accuracy. He kept saying that he had 50k on the horse and then I thought I heard that it was a 7:1 return(he was yammering about 7 times 50 grand was a good days work or something).

I am not a gambler and don't profess to fully understand payouts on the odds, but at BEST that horse went off at 1 - 2, maybe 1 - 3 by racetime (based on a quick Google that I just did). So that means I was wrong in my prior post -- that tool would have had to bet $700K at least. Call me crazy, but I don't think so.
  • Options
    edited May 18, 2008
    KED wrote:
    I am not a gambler and don't profess to fully understand payouts on the odds, but at BEST that horse went off at 1 - 2, maybe 1 - 3 by racetime (based on a quick Google that I just did). So that means I was wrong in my prior post -- that tool would have had to bet $700K at least. Call me crazy, but I don't think so.

oootay.
    Modus Imagery
  • Options
    edited May 20, 2008
    DI-Joe wrote:
    I was at Outback having dinner and a guy who was there at the bar won $350,000 on that horse. Seemed like it was sure thing from the way that horse just up and left the rest of the field. I don't like horse racing(too round and round) that much though. I think they should have horse rally racing... *snickers*

Killer pic though. I wouldn't say the WB is way off, I'd say maybe a tweak to cool it off, but generally speaking it's appropriate for the color light that was there at the time.

The horse paid $2.40, i don't think anyone won $350,000

I would say, were you there?, i was 50 feet from the finish, I think the WB is fine, considering he came from shadow to sun in 2 frames.

Mr slow, show me a better, original version.
  • Options
    edited May 20, 2008
    SloYerRoll wrote:
    Who's we?

r u a detective?
  • Options
    edited May 20, 2008
    ian408 wrote:
    Nice smile on the horse rolleyes1.gif

Looks like it will be a try for the triple crown in a couple of weeks too.

Big Brown, is a beautiful animal, watching him run is a pleasure.

He will be an overwhelming favorite, to win the "belmont"
  • Options
    edited May 20, 2008
    tamplum wrote:
    I love the first picture. We watched to race on TV last night and I was amazed at the ease with which Big Brown won. Was no effort. How great to have been there, and able to catch that shot. bowdown.gif

It was a grand time, the photo is pretty easy, when the horse is right in front of you.

We were there working, glad you like the photo.
  • Options
    edited May 20, 2008
    DI-Joe wrote:

He paid $2.40 for every 2.00, what a payday! ne_nau.gifdunnone_nau.gif
  • Options
    oldtimeoldtime Registered Users Posts: 331 Major grins
    edited May 20, 2008
    Some nice shoots that convey the feeling of the track
    A good shot of Big Brown at the finish , that would have been even better with some panning technique applied ( a blurred background would have made these rock)
    D-50, D2H,D300
    Nikon 50mm 1.8D
    Sigma 120-300 2.8
    Sigma 70-300-4-5.6
    my Galleries
    http://oldtime.smugmug.com/
    http://www.sportsshooter.com/members.html?id=6707
  • Options
    edited May 20, 2008
    oldtime wrote:
    Some nice shoots that convey the feeling of the track
    A good shot of Big Brown at the finish , that would have been even better with some panning technique applied ( a blurred background would have made these rock)

Thanks for looking
  • Options
    edited May 20, 2008
    r u a detective?
    Actually I'm a master of the obvious. thumb.gif