Dropped off Google's Radar?

TxTortoiseTxTortoise Registered Users Posts: 46 Big grins
edited May 15, 2008 in SmugMug Support
I shot a baseball game that resulted in a brawl and grand slam homerun to win the game last Saturday. Traffic was extremely high Sun-Tue. I was in the top ten on a google search for "Boerne, Canyon, Baseball" for at least two days.

Now I can't even get it to come up. When broadening the search and adding my name I get some older baseball galleries, but nothing on the hot topic gallery.

While I would expect to drop in the search over time, the criteria above isn't even bringing me up in 10 pages.

Any idea what might be happening?

This is the site driving most of the traffic:
http://www.ralphmawyerphotography.com/gallery/4902234_cVZXM#293012419_WQ8vo

Thanks...

Comments

• SheafSheaf Registered Users, SmugMug Product Team Posts: 775 SmugMug Employee
    edited May 15, 2008
    TxTortoise wrote:
    I shot a baseball game that resulted in a brawl and grand slam homerun to win the game last Saturday. Traffic was extremely high Sun-Tue. I was in the top ten on a google search for "Boerne, Canyon, Baseball" for at least two days.

Now I can't even get it to come up. When broadening the search and adding my name I get some older baseball galleries, but nothing on the hot topic gallery.

While I would expect to drop in the search over time, the criteria above isn't even bringing me up in 10 pages.

Any idea what might be happening?

This is the site driving most of the traffic:
    http://www.ralphmawyerphotography.com/gallery/4902234_cVZXM#293012419_WQ8vo

Thanks...

That's a bit strange. Did you recently change the SmugIslands settings at all?
    SmugMug Product Manager
  • TxTortoiseTxTortoise Registered Users Posts: 46 Big grins
    edited May 15, 2008
    Sheaf wrote:
    That's a bit strange. Did you recently change the SmugIslands settings at all?

Nope, just rechecked that gallery and still fully public. Actually no action since this weekend. Just spent a lot of time on the Google Webmaster Tools page. Deleted a robot block script in my header, but it obviously wasn't causing a problem on Sun/Mon, so I don't think that's it. I started keywording at the gallery level and not just at the photo level. That said 300 photos with the same keywords might have triggered something at Google, but no messages from them implying spam.

I'll keep playing with it.
    Thx...

ralphmawyerphotography.com