Options

navigation suggestion

winnjewettwinnjewett Registered Users Posts: 329 Major grins
edited April 10, 2005 in SmugMug Support
I have a suggestion regarding the placement of links for SM users.

Currenty there are a lot of links that affect the entire gallery that are only found in the dropdown of individual photos. I think that this adversely affects the "buttery smooth" feeling of smugmug.

Also, I would like to have a link to the control panel from every page. It is frustrating to have to go to the home page just to get the link.

Thanks,
-w

Comments

• Options
    {JT}{JT} Registered Users Posts: 1,016 Major grins
    edited April 7, 2005
    winnjewett wrote:
    Currenty there are a lot of links that affect the entire gallery that are only found in the dropdown of individual photos. I think that this adversely affects the "buttery smooth" feeling of smugmug.

I am curious as to how already streamlining the tools into one easy to see drop down affects your buttery smooth experience? What tools would you pull out? And where would you put them?
  • Options
    edited April 7, 2005
    {JT} wrote:
    I am curious as to how already streamlining the tools into one easy to see drop down affects your buttery smooth experience? What tools would you pull out? And where would you put them?
    Well, it is certainly nice to have all tools at your finger tips when you are already in the right place (currently while looking at one photo), but I often go through and add captions to several entire galleries. It would be nice to go to the gallery, select 'add bulk captions', and I'm on my way. It seems silly to pick a random picture to modify bulk settings. I think that the nav could be improved by leaving the dropdown in each photo as is, and adding a dropdown on the gallery page that contains all 'bulk' or gallery-wide modifications.

-w
  • Options
    edited April 8, 2005
    So you state that you are going to a gallery, but there are not tools there. So you must be viewing in Journal, Thumbnail or Slideshow?

I can look into adding a batch drop down to slideshow and thumbs, where you can only access gallery tools. Journal should have drop downs by each photo though.

winnjewett wrote:
    Well, it is certainly nice to have all tools at your finger tips when you are already in the right place (currently while looking at one photo), but I often go through and add captions to several entire galleries. It would be nice to go to the gallery, select 'add bulk captions', and I'm on my way. It seems silly to pick a random picture to modify bulk settings. I think that the nav could be improved by leaving the dropdown in each photo as is, and adding a dropdown on the gallery page that contains all 'bulk' or gallery-wide modifications.

-w
  • Options
    edited April 8, 2005
    {JT} wrote:
    So you state that you are going to a gallery, but there are not tools there. So you must be viewing in Journal, Thumbnail or Slideshow?

I can look into adding a batch drop down to slideshow and thumbs, where you can only access gallery tools. Journal should have drop downs by each photo though.
    Aaah, that must be it. I use Thumbnail the most, then Journal, and a few in Elegant. It'd be great if you could add dropdowns to thumbnail.

Thanks!
    -w
  • Options
    edited April 10, 2005
    It will probably one singular drop down for the thumbnail page (otherwise the tool would make the page too wide).
    winnjewett wrote:
    Aaah, that must be it. I use Thumbnail the most, then Journal, and a few in Elegant. It'd be great if you could add dropdowns to thumbnail.

Thanks!
    -w
  • Options
    edited April 10, 2005
    {JT} wrote:
    It will probably one singular drop down for the thumbnail page (otherwise the tool would make the page too wide).
    Sounds Excellent! Thanks, JT