Not too late...right?

shatchshatch Registered Users Posts: 798 Major grins
edited May 16, 2008 in People
This gal graduates next week and is just getting around to senior photos. I met her through an acquaintance who arranged for some photos.

1) She is a dancer
296014605_BmEWi-L.jpg

2)
296014901_MgPqL-L.jpg

3)
296015161_G4F7e-L.jpg

4)
296015648_adWox-L.jpg

5)
296021031_YdDzD-L.jpg

Comments

• Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited May 16, 2008
    quite the BEAUT........is she using the 1/2 length as her senior or is one still pending PP??

Nice Job in any event..........thumb.gifbow
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• shatchshatch Registered Users Posts: 798 Major grins
    edited May 16, 2008
    Art Scott wrote:
    quite the BEAUT........is she using the 1/2 length as her senior or is one still pending PP??

Nice Job in any event..........thumb.gifbow

Great question...
    I'm giving her a DVD tomorrow and she will pick one for some PP. These were just a couple that I thought were fun.

Thanks for the comments.
  • QarikQarik Registered Users Posts: 4,959 Major grins
    edited May 16, 2008
    nice captures..1st one is very unusual
    D700, D600
    14-24 24-70 70-200mm (vr2)
    85 and 50 1.4
    45 PC and sb910 x2
    http://www.danielkimphotography.com
  • shatchshatch Registered Users Posts: 798 Major grins
    edited May 16, 2008
    Qarik wrote:
    nice captures..1st one is very unusual

Thank you...
    The first shot happened so quickly that when I looked at the back of the camera to see what she had done, I was amazed. "You can do that?" It was quite amazing. I wasn't exactly expecting such a complex jump.
  • RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,955 moderator
    edited May 16, 2008
    shatch wrote:
    . "You can do that?" It was quite amazing.

nod.gif It's remarkable what a dancer can do.

These are great. The classical forms in the back alley of #2 and #3 are my favorites, but the wings in #5 are also fun. Well done. clap.gif
  • saurorasaurora Registered Users Posts: 4,320 Major grins
    edited May 16, 2008
    Very unusual and fun set!!! Hard to pick one as the combination of all of the shots is what appeals to me....really tells her story! I know the hat was a fashion statement and maybe a part of who she is, but it sure makes it hard (especially in that lighting) to get a good exposure on her face. A little extra fill might have helped. Love the location and the wings! iloveyou.gif
  • AgnieszkaAgnieszka Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,263 Major grins
    edited May 16, 2008
    WOW! Those are awesome!! Love the entire set .... and the wings ... very original!! iloveyou.gif

bowdown.gif
  • jeffreaux2jeffreaux2 Registered Users Posts: 4,762 Major grins
    edited May 16, 2008
    I agree....great set of photos!

I like the wings as well, but much prefer the composition of #4 to that of #5. I only wish that the shadow on her upper arm in #4 wasn't so harsh.
  • DavidSDavidS Registered Users Posts: 1,279 Major grins
    edited May 16, 2008
    Wow!!! She is doing some incredible stuff and you did a great job of capturing it. The alley is a cool idea and I like the lighting on her. A very minor nit, my eye is draw to the light at the end of the alley. I love the portraits. Great composition and I love the background. She must be extremely pleased.
  • photogmommaphotogmomma Registered Users Posts: 1,644 Major grins
    edited May 16, 2008
    Wow! STunning timing and what amazing shots!! Very nicely done!

#4 is the only one I'm not super fond of and it's only because of the lighting. The shadows are distracting to me.... Almost a good shot, but could be better.

I love the idea of #5 - I'm wondering if an edgier processing would bring out the wings more? Very cool!!!

Great photos!