Whaddayou lookinat!!!

jeffreaux2jeffreaux2 Registered Users Posts: 4,762 Major grins
edited May 17, 2008 in People

Comments

• shatchshatch Registered Users Posts: 798 Major grins
    edited May 16, 2008
  • DavidSDavidS Registered Users Posts: 1,279 Major grins
    edited May 16, 2008
    I love the eyes and the composition. What is the story behind this?
  • photogmommaphotogmomma Registered Users Posts: 1,644 Major grins
    edited May 16, 2008
    Wow! Stunning eyes!!! Great shot...
  • jeffreaux2jeffreaux2 Registered Users Posts: 4,762 Major grins
    edited May 16, 2008
    shatch wrote:
    Perfect! thumb.gif

Thanks Satch
    edited May 16, 2008
    DavidS wrote:
    I love the eyes and the composition. What is the story behind this?

No big story really. We had a small family gathering yesterday to celebrate my oldest daughters impending high school graduation and I grabbed this of my nephew while she was holding him. His is the heaviest(but not oldest) of my three newer nephews. I will probably be doing some of him in the future...as well as his cousins. I had set a speedlight up in the room on a shelf to light the goings on...and was using my Tamron lense. I haven't really used it since I had it calibrated. I have had great reports from the folks I have lent it to, but haven't really tried it myself.
    edited May 16, 2008
    Wow! Stunning eyes!!! Great shot...

Sure...he looks sweet here...if you saw him from the neck down.?
    ...what a bruiser!!!

• ElaineElaine Registered Users Posts: 3,532 Major grins
    edited May 16, 2008
    Adorable! Those "bruiser" babies are wonderful...mine was 20 pounds at 4.5 months! :D Now, he's 6.5 years...but still wonderful.
    Elaine

Comments and constructive critique always welcome!

Elaine Heasley Photography
    edited May 16, 2008
    Elaine wrote:
    Adorable! Those "bruiser" babies are wonderful...mine was 20 pounds at 4.5 months! :D Now, he's 6.5 years...but still wonderful.

Thanks Elaine. We have had such a nightmare of a week here(beginning with my wife having surgery/biopsy on Monday) that it was nice to watch some little folks with no worries for awhile. Things are hectic. I have been running routes to the airport picking up relatives coming in for the graduations. Trying to get last minute things done for the parties this weekend. The dog is sick(just back from the vet). One of those everything happens at once weeks. Even the dishwasher is on the fritz...and I don't mean the wife...although she is on the fritz too!!!rolleyes1.gif . I know there is light at the end of the tunnel....I just can't figure out which direction is the end?ne_nau.gif
  • BriShayBriShay Registered Users Posts: 274 Major grins
    edited May 16, 2008
    cute!
    Shayna
    I'm a Nikon Girl:tuesday
    www.BriShayPhotography.com
  • dawssvtdawssvt Registered Users Posts: 413 Major grins
    edited May 16, 2008
    Nice shot. I would like to see the original.

Website
    My Smugmug

My Canon Gear:
    5DMII | 24-105mm f/4L | 45mm TS/E | 135mm f/2.0L | 70-200mm f/2.8L IS | 50mm f/1.4
    | 580EX II & 430EX

• heatherfeatherheatherfeather Registered Users Posts: 2,738 Major grins
    edited May 16, 2008
    jeffreaux2 wrote:
    Thanks Elaine. We have had such a nightmare of a week here(beginning with my wife having surgery/biopsy on Monday) that it was nice to watch some little folks with no worries for awhile. Things are hectic. I have been running routes to the airport picking up relatives coming in for the graduations. Trying to get last minute things done for the parties this weekend. The dog is sick(just back from the vet). One of those everything happens at once weeks. Even the dishwasher is on the fritz...and I don't mean the wife...although she is on the fritz too!!!rolleyes1.gif . I know there is light at the end of the tunnel....I just can't figure out which direction is the end?ne_nau.gif

Man, that stinks. Let us know how your wife (and everything else) is doing!
    I hope everything goes better. (I especially hope the maytag guy comes and fixes your dishwasher! Your poor wife, sick and then company and no dishwasher! Let her know our prayers are for her and her dishwasher! Laughing.gif)

BTW, what a cutie pie in that picture! (I love chubby babies, since mine were all skinny little things.) Nice reflections in the eyes.
  • ShimaShima Registered Users Posts: 2,547 Major grins
    edited May 16, 2008
    Wow! Love the eyes :) Awesome shot.
    edited May 16, 2008
    dawssvt wrote:
    Nice shot. I would like to see the original.

Thanks!! Might be tough to show you the original...I shoot RAW?
    edited May 16, 2008
    Man, that stinks. Let us know how your wife (and everything else) is doing!
    I hope everything goes better. (I especially hope the maytag guy comes and fixes your dishwasher! Your poor wife, sick and then company and no dishwasher! Let her know our prayers are for her and her dishwasher! Laughing.gif)

BTW, what a cutie pie in that picture! (I love chubby babies, since mine were all skinny little things.) Nice reflections in the eyes.

Thanks Heather!!

The results for my wife came back negative for cancer...so...we are relieved to say the least. I am ...temporarily...the dishwasher. I will play maytag man once our guests have all flown home.:D

I hear ya on the chubby babies!!! Our youngest was so thin we called her a spider monkey when she was little. One of the reflections was the flash across the room. The others are windows and lights around the kitchen.
    edited May 16, 2008
    Shima wrote:
    Wow! Love the eyes :) Awesome shot.

Thanks!!...This one w3asn't taken with the 17-55, but rather the Tamron 28-75. After snapping off a few I realized how spoiled and lazy that IS has made me become!!! I had to actually make an effort to get one reasonably sharp. Stabilized lenses really rock!!!
  • joshhuntnmjoshhuntnm Registered Users Posts: 1,924 Major grins
    edited May 17, 2008
    great shot. as others said, great eyes.

Can I make a guess as to how you processed the eyes. It would help me in my understanding of PS

I assume you selected the eyes, put them on another layer, sharpened them and blured everything else just a bit?

I know there is some other work as well. Great work.
    edited May 17, 2008
    joshhuntnm wrote:
    great shot. as others said, great eyes.

Can I make a guess as to how you processed the eyes. It would help me in my understanding of PS

I assume you selected the eyes, put them on another layer, sharpened them and blured everything else just a bit?

I know there is some other work as well. Great work.

Thanks josh. I use layers and masks for that type of work. However sharpening was done globally. I did use a seperate layer and mask to adjust curves for the eyes.