beer league softball

GrainbeltGrainbelt Registered Users Posts: 478 Major grins
edited May 16, 2008 in Sports
took the camera out to test my timing with action shots. I didn't get any ball-on-bat shots, but what I felt were some decent photos, particularly given the 40mph winds, harsh sunlight, and the fact that I'd had a few beers during the game before I pulled out the camera...

Pitcher

296391572_h3JhP-XL.jpg

his daughter

296391332_LPPcb-XXL.jpg

verification of beer league status. that was his actual swing, and he hit a nice base hit over 2nd base.

296391487_apec6-XXL.jpg

While the composition on this last one isn't great, I like how it captures the grin on the front guy's face, and the intense look on the other guy as he backed up the play. wish I had a better angle at the front face, but it turned out ok .

296391064_wxbAG-XXL.jpg

All taken with my S5, little sharpening and cropping in Picasa but otherwise unchanged. While they certainly aren't great, they are light years better than I would have taken a year ago.

The under-hat shadows had me pining for some fill flash, but it probably would have been too far away, and too distracting for the players. The pop-up wasn't any good, and I haven't sprung for a 430EX yet...

Comments

• ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,934 moderator
    edited May 16, 2008
    Ah, Tuesday night softball...I know it well lol3.gif

I think if you shot from behind the back stop or maybe from one of the
    baselines, you might get some better angles.
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?