Restricting download jpeg size

cbres00cbres00 Registered Users Posts: 28 Big grins
edited May 17, 2008 in SmugMug Support
I see we have several size options for our customers to choose from when downloading images. Is there a way to restrict the options to just one size?

Comments

• AnneMcBeanAnneMcBean Registered Users Posts: 503 Major grins
    edited May 17, 2008
    cbres00 wrote:
    I see we have several size options for our customers to choose from when downloading images. Is there a way to restrict the options to just one size?

Which options are you referring to? The photo sizes on the photobar over the image in SmugMug viewing style? Or the links on the Share page? headscratch.gif

-Anne
    Support Hero
  • devbobodevbobo Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,339 SmugMug Employee
    edited May 17, 2008
    cbres00 wrote:

yes, the largest size option in the gallery customization settings thumb.gif
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos
  • cbres00cbres00 Registered Users Posts: 28 Big grins
    edited May 17, 2008
    devbobo wrote:
    yes, the largest size option in the gallery customization settings thumb.gif

Yes, but there's not a smallest size option! For some galleries I want to restrict the size to original.
  • jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
    edited May 17, 2008
    cbres00 wrote:
    Yes, but there's not a smallest size option! For some galleries I want to restrict the size to original.

Smaller sizes are needed for the web display. If you allowed only original, you wouldn't even have thumbnails and none of the viewing styles except single image could even work.

If you allow the display of originals, then the Save Photo link always saves the original. It sounds like you should just tell your viewers that if they want to save a photo, they should use the Save Photo link and they will automatically get the highest resolution version.
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
    Always include a link to your site when posting a question
  • cbres00cbres00 Registered Users Posts: 28 Big grins
    edited May 17, 2008
    Thank you for the explanation! Appreciate it!