To have and to hold from this day forward...

SenecaSeneca Registered Users Posts: 1,661 Major grins
edited May 18, 2008 in People
cc's welcomed...

WEDDING3.jpg

WEDDING2.jpg

WEDDING1.jpg

Comments

• SenecaSeneca Registered Users Posts: 1,661 Major grins
    edited May 17, 2008
    Wow no bad, good, or indifferent comments? :cry
  • DavidSDavidS Registered Users Posts: 1,279 Major grins
    edited May 17, 2008
    Very nice! Beautiful expressions and I like the background.
  • jbakerphotojbakerphoto Registered Users Posts: 251 Major grins
    edited May 17, 2008
    I like the 2nd one. Nice shots.....clap.gif
    40D,Rebel XT,Tamron 17-50 2.8,Tamron 28-80 3.5-5.6, Canon 50 1.8, Sigma 70-200 2.8, Canon 580EX , Sunpack 383 w/ optical slave

www.jonbakerphotography.com
  • BriShayBriShay Registered Users Posts: 274 Major grins
    edited May 17, 2008
    I love them! What a pose on the second one. Only thing i don' tlike is her flowers look a little....well, almost like they are dying in the first one.
    Shayna
    I'm a Nikon Girl:tuesday
    www.BriShayPhotography.com
  • joshhuntnmjoshhuntnm Registered Users Posts: 1,924 Major grins
    edited May 18, 2008
    Great shots. they look slightly dark on my uncalibrated monitor.
    edited May 18, 2008
    DavidS wrote:
    Very nice! Beautiful expressions and I like the background.

Thank you David!
    edited May 18, 2008
    unclejon wrote:
    I like the 2nd one. Nice shots.....clap.gif

Thank you Uncle Jon...that was is probably my favorite too.thumb.gif
    edited May 18, 2008
    BriShay wrote:
    I love them! What a pose on the second one. Only thing i don' tlike is her flowers look a little....well, almost like they are dying in the first one.

It was muggy that day...we had a huge cloud looming overhead so the flowers and the hair were dying quickly.
    edited May 18, 2008
    joshhuntnm wrote:
    Great shots. they look slightly dark on my uncalibrated monitor.

I added a dark/light filter to 2 of them for that mysterious look. I probably should go back and take out a little bit of it.

Thanks for your comments.
  • LittleLewLittleLew Registered Users Posts: 368 Major grins
    edited May 18, 2008
    Very nice pictures but, IMO, poorly cropped.
    Why use 3:2 format when there's lot of empty space, 3:2 costs more to print and much more to frame?
    These seem much tighter to me.

compbridalrt0.jpg
    New pictures at LewLortonphoto.com
  • jeffreaux2jeffreaux2 Registered Users Posts: 4,762 Major grins
    edited May 18, 2008
    I like the mood of these. My preference is #2....but I am willing to bet it would have been #3 if you had shown us that one with a treatment similar to the color in 1 and 2. Thanks for sharing!!thumb.gif
    edited May 18, 2008
    Many of the folks in the "people" forum(myself included) do not crop just to display photos to the forum. We keep the original aspect of the photo until we actually order prints to allow for flexibility when printing various aspects such as would be used for 5x7, 8x10, or 11x14.

LittleLew wrote:
    Why use 3:2 format when there's lot of empty space, 3:2 costs more to print and much more to frame?

compbridalrt0.jpg
  • LittleLewLittleLew Registered Users Posts: 368 Major grins
    edited May 18, 2008
    jeffreaux2 wrote:
    Many of the folks in the "people" forum(myself included) do not crop just to display photos to the forum. We keep the original aspect of the photo until we actually order prints to allow for flexibility when printing various aspects such as would be used for 5x7, 8x10, or 11x14.

Interesting.
    I am surprised just because to me placement in the frame is a very important compositional element.
    Perhaps I will stick to the whipping post from now on.
    New pictures at LewLortonphoto.com
    edited May 18, 2008
    LittleLew wrote:
    Interesting.
    I am surprised just because to me placement in the frame is a very important compositional element.
    Perhaps I will stick to the whipping post from now on.

Well,

A proof for a portrait client could be printed and or cropped any number of ways. The whipping post is supposed to be for a portfolio ready photo...which should be cropped to maximize the composition.

Placement in the frame in a finished print is always important. The op hasn't responded yet, but my guess was that the empty space at the top was her attempt to leave room for those dreaded hard cuts.
    edited May 18, 2008
    LittleLew wrote:

Lew...thanks for the comment...and I totally know what you are saying...but I shoot loose to allow for cropping. I can't tell you how many times I've shot tight and regretted it - a big mistake you can't take back. Although I try not to shoot too loosely as not to lose data as well - but shooting RAW helps me there as well - as my images are 5000x3500 @ 21MP. You show the client the actual image in it's original format, and then you show the client how the end result will look.

Yes I agree not cropping to show the forum will probably raise an eyebrow and have someone say..."Wow too much head room on top"...but I know what my end result will be.

I totally appreciate your comment. Thanks so much.

Sen
    edited May 18, 2008
    jeffreaux2 wrote:
    I like the mood of these. My preference is #2....but I am willing to bet it would have been #3 if you had shown us that one with a treatment similar to the color in 1 and 2. Thanks for sharing!!thumb.gif

Thank you Jeff, I was undecided as to which image I should PP. Thanks for the kind words...coming from you I totally appreciate it; for I totally love your work!thumb.gif
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Major grins Bournemouth, UKPosts: 0 Major grins
    edited May 18, 2008
    I like no3 the best the closer crop than No2 allow you to see more features on pair bodies (hair on his hands), the black and white converts add to the closeness rather than having the colour which I think distracts would from the closeness. The girls pose in No1 looks a little unnatural.

Tim
  • photogmommaphotogmomma Registered Users Posts: 1,644 Major grins
    edited May 18, 2008
    I like #1, but she looks a tad awkward and I can't place it... Still nice, though - and great processing.

#2 is much better and I like it a lot more.

#3 is stunning, but your processing is really flat and muddy. If you boost the contrast, I think it might be even better!!!

Awesome job! (And I now crop everything to 5x7 because I try not to sell 4x6 prints anymore... And some of the crops look odd, but I completely know where you're coming from! Laughing.gif!)