Options

Auto Align Tool on CS3

canon400dcanon400d Banned Posts: 2,826 Major grins
edited May 19, 2008 in Finishing School
I would appreciate it so much if anyone can tell me where to find the Auto Align tool on CS3. I have searched everywhere to no avail. I am wanting to try it out for panoramic shots.
Regards
Bob

Comments

• Options
    JetJet Registered Users Posts: 233 Major grins
    edited May 18, 2008
    You have to have the images you want to align as separate layers in the same file, select the ones you want to align, then go to Edit - Auto Align. Same story with Auto blend for blending the exposures.
    Jethro :D
    My Blog
    Jethro Kingston Photography
    Use this coupon code to get $5 off when joining smugmug: eO3NU7AM85scE
  • Options
    edited May 18, 2008
    Jet wrote:
    You have to have the images you want to align as separate layers in the same file, select the ones you want to align, then go to Edit - Auto Align. Same story with Auto blend for blending the exposures.

Thanks Jet I will give it a go.
    Regards
    Bob
  • Options
    moose135moose135 Registered Users Posts: 1,417 Major grins
    edited May 18, 2008
    If I understand correctly, you are trying to piece together multiple overlapping photos to create a wide panorama, right? In CS3, use:

File>Automate>Photomerge>

It opens a dialog box - you can either have your photos already open, or open them through the dialog box. It also gives you several other options on how to create the merge.
  • Options
    edited May 18, 2008
    canon400d wrote:
    Thanks Jet I will give it a go.
    Regards
    Bob

This appears quite difficult. When I layer the second image I lose the first image. What exactly is the format After bringing up Layers. I don't think I am gonna handle this one.
    Regards
    Bob
  • Options
    edited May 18, 2008
    canon400d wrote:
    This appears quite difficult. When I layer the second image I lose the first image. What exactly is the format After bringing up Layers. I don't think I am gonna handle this one.
    Regards
    Bob

YESSSSSS Moose, excellent that is exactly what I was after. Thanks ever so much for your kind help.
    Regards
    Bob
  • Options
    moose135moose135 Registered Users Posts: 1,417 Major grins
    edited May 18, 2008
    My pleasure, Bob, glad I could help. I recently discovered that function myself, and have started playing with panoramas a bit.
  • Options
    ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 23,830 moderator
    edited May 18, 2008
    I moved this to "Finishing School" where it may receive a more appropriate audience.
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • Options
    OspreyOsprey Registered Users Posts: 162 Major grins
    edited May 19, 2008
    try this
    Choose Edit > Auto-Align Layers, and choose an alignment option. For stitching together multiple images that share overlapping areas—for example, to create a panorama—use the Auto, Perspective, or Cylindrical options. To align scanned images with offset content, use the Reposition Only option.mwink.gif