Images not coming up

mochabeanmochabean Registered Users Posts: 72 Big grins
edited May 18, 2008 in SmugMug Support
Several days ago I thought I'ld clean up my processes in Task Manager. I hope I didn't inadvertantly remove a process that helps to load images. It became worse when I was rearrangeing images and taking albums off public view. Now only half of my images come up or take forever, when before it was lightening fast. Help...What have I done? Is there a process you all know of that helps images load properly? http://wendyclaire.smugmug.com
wendyclaire.smugmug.com

"Of all the senses, sight must be the most delightful." Helen Keller

Comments

• denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,339 moderator
    edited May 18, 2008
    mochabean wrote:
    Several days ago I thought I'ld clean up my processes in Task Manager. I hope I didn't inadvertantly remove a process that helps to load images. It became worse when I was rearrangeing images and taking albums off public view. Now only half of my images come up or take forever, when before it was lightening fast. Help...What have I done? Is there a process you all know of that helps images load properly? http://wendyclaire.smugmug.com
    Your images come up fine for me.

What operating system are you running? From your mention of Task Manager I assume it is some form of Windows. When was the last time you re-booted your computer?

If I was having problems like the ones you describe, I usually clear the temp files from my browsers, and I usually restart my computer. (I am running on Windows - either Vista or XP depending on which computer I'm using.)

--- Denise
  • mochabeanmochabean Registered Users Posts: 72 Big grins
    edited May 18, 2008
    Thanx for getting back. I deleted temp files, I'll see what happens. I don't think that is the cause. I think it has to do with some graphics process, but have no idea what.
    wendyclaire.smugmug.com

"Of all the senses, sight must be the most delightful." Helen Keller