Green Color Cast?

ZososZosos Registered Users Posts: 15 Big grins
edited May 19, 2008 in SmugMug Support
My smugmug gallery images look like they have a light green color cast on them. I do not see this color cast on the thumbnails or any where else on my monitor or other web pages, only my smugmug gallery. I'm currently running in ProPhoto screen mode and I've tried all the other modes but the green does not go away.

Can somebody look at my gallery images and let me know if everything is OK or do I need to adjust something?

My site is http://ricknuffer.smugmug.com/

Thank you,

Rick Nuffer

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited May 19, 2008
    Hi, I see no color cast here

http://ricknuffer.smugmug.com/gallery/4818861_x2EXV#286688993_mddhC

Can you tell us more about your workflow? What color space are you shooting & processing in, all the details please :)
  • jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
    edited May 19, 2008
    Zosos wrote:
    My smugmug gallery images look like they have a light green color cast on them. I do not see this color cast on the thumbnails or any where else on my monitor or other web pages, only my smugmug gallery. I'm currently running in ProPhoto screen mode and I've tried all the other modes but the green does not go away.

Can somebody look at my gallery images and let me know if everything is OK or do I need to adjust something?

My site is http://ricknuffer.smugmug.com/

Thank you,

Rick Nuffer

I don't see any green cast either. What do you mean by "ProPhoto screen mode"?

Most browsers (except Safari and the latest Firefox 3 beta release) are not capable of using your monitor profile to display accurate color. If you've tweaked your profile in some interesting way, the non-color-managed browsers may display very inaccurate color.

Some things to try:
    • Make sure your screen is properly calibrated and profiled
    • Download the free Safari browser from Apple and look at your galleries in that. Safari (for either Mac or Windows) is color-managed so if your screen is properly calibrated and profiled, you should see accurate color in Safari that is also the same as Photoshop or Lightroom display.
    • If you have manually set your monitor profile to something like ProPhoto, then you probably want to undo that. Ideally a monitor profile should be set to something that your display calibration software/hardware produces. If you aren't doing that, then you should at least set the monitor profile to the default profile that is made for your display (it comes from the manufacturer of your display). While that won't be perfect (no two displays are the same, even from the same batch of the same manufacturing run), it is probably a better starting point than anything else you could use if you don't have real calibration software/hardware.
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
    Always include a link to your site when posting a question