Choosing a new P&S

roliirolii Registered Users Posts: 28 Big grins
edited May 19, 2008 in Cameras
Helle everyone. Last Easter I sat on my Casio point-&-shoot and I think it's beyond repair. So I'm thinking about replacing it with either a Nikon Coolpix P5100 or a Canon PowerShot SD870 IS. They both come with lit-ion rechargable batteries, which was something I loved in my old Casio. Which would you prefer? What do you think about the outlet (B&H)? Thanks a lot for your input.

Comments

• Wingin'ItWingin'It Registered Users Posts: 17 Big grins
    edited May 18, 2008
    Based on my experience with the Nikon P&S I gave my girlfriend and the Canon P&S I have, I would choose Canon. Now, they weren't the same models you have listed there, but if I were to purchase again, it would be a Canon.
    As for B&H, they are the most trusted store to purchase camera equipment, period. Good luck with your purchase.
    I was perfectly fine with my camera until I found this place. :evil :dunno
  • CuongCuong Registered Users Posts: 1,508 Major grins
    edited May 19, 2008
    Wingin'It wrote:
    Based on my experience with the Nikon P&S I gave my girlfriend and the Canon P&S I have, I would choose Canon. Now, they weren't the same models you have listed there, but if I were to purchase again, it would be a Canon.
    As for B&H, they are the most trusted store to purchase camera equipment, period. Good luck with your purchase.

15524779-Ti.gif If you want compactness, good look and excellent image quality, you can't go wrong with the SD870 IS. Plus it has IS, 3" LCD screen, and 28mm equiv. wide angle.

Cuong
    "She Was a Little Taste of Heaven – And a One-Way Ticket to Hell!" - Max Phillips
  • ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,934 moderator
    edited May 19, 2008
    I'm a Canon fan. The SD800 is a great little camera and the IS just adds to
    that. I'm sure the 870 is just as good if not better.

Plus, I like the compact size as it makes using it on the bike a whole lot
    easier (I wear mine on a lanyard and shoot off the bike some times).
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • PhotoskipperPhotoskipper Registered Users Posts: 453 Major grins
    edited May 19, 2008
    I tried the Panasonic FZ18, 18X optical zoom function. Couple of friends are quite happy with it. No harm to check it out. The company just come out 20X optical zoom. So the price of FZ18 drop and value for money.
    Photoskipper
    flickr.com/photos/photoskipper/