Castle Dune

pyrypyry Registered Users Posts: 1,733 Major grins
edited May 19, 2008 in Other Cool Shots
This is an older Photoshop practice session I did, one of the first with toned B&W, definitely my first selective color :D

I enhanced the selective color a bit after digging it up.

It's a place called Olavinlinna, located in Savonlinna, Finland. It's a 15th century military castle, I've turned into a scene from Dune. I remember having the idea on the site and even trying this straight in the camera (color replacement mode in my little carry anywhere p&s, that didn't work :lol3 ).

The image is three years old already, the original Photoshop work seems to be from late summer last year.

Less talk more picture. Here's what I came up with:

297510185_WboXB-L.jpg

Tell me what you think! :thumb
Creativity's hard.

http://pyryekholm.kuvat.fi/

Comments

• DaddyODaddyO Registered Users Posts: 4,466 Major grins
    edited May 19, 2008
    Looks pretty cool to me. I like it very much. Nice castle to use for getting
    your "Dune" effect. Interesting that you chose a half moon as opposed to
    a full one. I find myself wondering what a very large full moon behind the
    two towers would look like. More off worldly? :D Michael
    Michael
  • pyrypyry Registered Users Posts: 1,733 Major grins
    edited May 19, 2008
    DaddyO wrote:
    Looks pretty cool to me. I like it very much. Nice castle to use for getting
    your "Dune" effect. Interesting that you chose a half moon as opposed to
    a full one. I find myself wondering what a very large full moon behind the
    two towers would look like. More off worldly? :D Michael

Thanks!

I thought about making the moon even bigger, but it's already several times the size it should be. I also thought about putting in two moons :D

One of my friends who is an avid astronomy hobbyist went "The moon is a fake!" in half a second flat, when I showed this.

Should have done the two moons at least I suppose :D

I reckon it came down to what was available, that moon is an eclipse shot from who knows when.
    Creativity's hard.

http://pyryekholm.kuvat.fi/
  • DaddyODaddyO Registered Users Posts: 4,466 Major grins
    edited May 19, 2008
    Your moon in this one is really proportionally fine for your take. I do astronomy myself so can see the moon out of whack in a shot pretty quick myself. Thing is, I think, to glamor your vision you need perhaps a non earth moon. Or two as you point out. Thats not an easy thing to come by short of arting it out. If you get something better than this nice one I sure would
    like to see it. :D Michael
    Michael