old coots

AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
edited April 9, 2005 in People
tonight, i had the great pleasure of once again dining er... i mean shooting with my good friends ian and steve :eat

it was late in the day, so a quick trip to the perc ponds out in los gatos, just to see what was happenening. well, it was mostly a bust, but of course we had a really good time chewin' the fat and a nice walk around the five large ponds, looking for wildlife and working up an appetite for the main event :food

we then went and enjoyed a marvelous dinner in san jose, and planned out a day of shooting tomorrow in the city and hopefully ending up with some boids at the baylands on the way back, before i have to hop a plane back to ny tomorrow night.

it's always fun to shoot with the old coots, and i even managed to capture a couple of old coots as well :lol3

both shots, canon 20d, 70-200 f/2.8L on board with 1.4x tc. iso 400, f/8. these are straight from the camera as i had too much calamari & sirloin steak to do any post-processing :uhoh tonight...

19166664-L.jpg

19166665-L-1.jpg

enjoy (more food less pitchas) photography,

Comments

• KimballPhotographyKimballPhotography Registered Users Posts: 133 Major grins
    edited April 8, 2005
    I love the shot of...would that be Ian or Steve, lol?! Sounds like you are having a great time and the food Gods are being gracious. Speaking of, mention calamari and sirloin again and I'll have to shoot youyelrotflmao.gif. The food Gods are limiting my intake so that I don't have Holiday boodie come summerumph.gif.
    Thanks for sharing your story and pics!
    Natalie:thumb

A single photograph can tell an entire story and bring back a multitude of memories.
  • bfjrbfjr Registered Users Posts: 10,980 Major grins
    edited April 8, 2005
    You sure all that good food and great times hasn't had a strange effect on you, I mean that #1 shot is a self portrait, right :lol4 :lol4 :hide. Or maybe you took a wrong turn and landed in "Amish" country!! :hide again

Nice ones as usual Andy thumb.gif
  • DeanMcMDeanMcM Registered Users Posts: 265 Major grins
    edited April 8, 2005
    Hey Andy...
    Harry would be proud of the bird shot! clap.gif
    Must be great place to shoot! I have to get out
    there someday soon. :):

Thanks
    Dean

19166665-L-1.jpg
    Dean - New York
    Canon Rebel Xsi, Fuji FinePix F10
    mcphoto.smugmug.com
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited April 9, 2005
    I love the shot of...would that be Ian or Steve, lol?! Sounds like you are having a great time and the food Gods are being gracious. Speaking of, mention calamari and sirloin again and I'll have to shoot youyelrotflmao.gif. The food Gods are limiting my intake so that I don't have Holiday boodie come summerumph.gif.
    Thanks for sharing your story and pics!

:D thanks for stopping by and the comments!
  • John MuellerJohn Mueller Registered Users Posts: 2,555 Major grins
    edited April 9, 2005
    When I saw the title,I thought you was talking about meicon10.gif
    Cant wait to see your captures with the new lens.thumb.gif