"The Old Man Down the Road" - CCR

snapstackssnapstacks Registered Users Posts: 42 Big grins
edited May 19, 2008 in People
Riding through very rural Alabama a few weeks ago, near Cheaha Mountain, a friend and I came upon this gentleman. She interviewed him and I shot him...ok...I took photos of him..lol He is hiking over 1400 miles alone! He does this each summer on a new trail. He's 74 years old! Amazing!!

I downloaded lots of great new presets for lightroom and I was trying them out. There's not a consistent theme with the post-processing...just what I liked at the time.

I hope you enjoy looking at them as much as I enjoyed taking them!

Teresa
www.stacksofphotos.com

297551675_pbXtj-L-2.jpg

297551590_V9gFa-L-2.jpg

297551322_YVtFS-L-2.jpg

297551948_35FEV-L-2.jpg

297551737_9Gykh-L-2.jpg

297551122_rMZqN-L-2.jpg
Teresa Childers Stacks
www.bffphotography.com

Comments

• BillyVerdenBillyVerden Registered Users Posts: 115 Major grins
    edited May 19, 2008
    Awesome..
    These are really great. I think you did a great job on your processing. It brings out his haggard look without making him look old and homeless(pardon my PC-incorrectness). He looks like a man that has lived life on his own terms and has thoroughly enjoyed his decision. The apparent respect you show him comes through in your photos. Thanks for posting them.
  • JulieLawsonPhotographyJulieLawsonPhotography Registered Users Posts: 787 Major grins
    edited May 19, 2008
    These are really great. I think you did a great job on your processing. It brings out his haggard look without making him look old and homeless(pardon my PC-incorrectness). He looks like a man that has lived life on his own terms and has thoroughly enjoyed his decision. The apparent respect you show him comes through in your photos. Thanks for posting them.

I have to agree with the previous post. clap.gif This set really touched my heart and brought tears to my eyes. So, what's his story? Does he have family or is he all alone?
  • ladytxladytx Registered Users Posts: 814 Major grins
    edited May 19, 2008
    This is a wonderful set of photos. Really like all of the processing.
    LadyTX
  • AgnieszkaAgnieszka Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,263 Major grins
    edited May 19, 2008
    BEAUTIFUL shots!!! Love 3 & 5!iloveyou.gif
  • kitvankitvan Registered Users Posts: 243 Major grins
    edited May 19, 2008
    wow, great photos! really nice, gritty feel thumb.gif
    "Time is an illusion. Lunchtime, doubly so."
  • goofrygoofry Registered Users Posts: 103 Major grins
    edited May 19, 2008
    Great images. I caught myself thinking about my grandfather as I looked through these.

I too would love to hear more of the backstory on this guy. I like all of his expressions. Looks like he loves what he is doing.

Thanks for sharing!
    Goofry

http://www.spotlightpicture.com

A bunch of Canon Stuff.