Can't Find "Share Photo" Link for my Pics

redleashredleash Registered Users Posts: 3,840 Major grins
edited May 19, 2008 in SmugMug Support
I've been using SmugMug for about 2 months now, with no probs. Suddenly, I am unable to find the "Share Photo" link for my photos. I created and filled some new galleries yesterday and saw the share link once. I uploaded a few shots in the Cool Shots forum. From then on, I can't seem to retrieve the share link. I checked my gallery settings and I'm pretty sure they all are set for external links and for sharing. The only recent change I made was to add the "Stretchy" code a couple days ago. The only thing I use sharing for is to post in threads--but that's kinda important. :D

Can someone please help?

Thanks,
Lauren

http://redleash.smugmug.com/galleries
"But ask the animals, and they will teach you." (Job 12:7)

Lauren Blackwell
www.redleashphoto.com

Comments

• jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
    edited May 19, 2008
    redleash wrote:
    I've been using SmugMug for about 2 months now, with no probs. Suddenly, I am unable to find the "Share Photo" link for my photos. I created and filled some new galleries yesterday and saw the share link once. I uploaded a few shots in the Cool Shots forum. From then on, I can't seem to retrieve the share link. I checked my gallery settings and I'm pretty sure they all are set for external links and for sharing. The only recent change I made was to add the "Stretchy" code a couple days ago. The only thing I use sharing for is to post in threads--but that's kinda important. :D

Can someone please help?

Thanks,
    Lauren

http://redleash.smugmug.com/galleries

I went to this gallery of yours. I can clearly see that when I remove all your custom CSS, the share button comes back again. So, it's definitely in your customization. Refining it further, I find that this line of your CSS

.category_Nature #breadcrumb {display: none;}

makes the Share button disappear in the gallery I was looking at. If you want to get rid of the breadcrumb, but keep the share button, you will likely need more targetted CSS which someone in the customization forum can probably help with.

Also, is there any reason you have this gallery locked to Smugmug small? The images would look a lot nicer in a larger size.
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
    Always include a link to your site when posting a question
  • redleashredleash Registered Users Posts: 3,840 Major grins
    edited May 19, 2008
    Thanks, John. I was having trouble with the breadcrumbs yesterday, so that must be it. I will probably just remove those codes and let the crumbs scatter where they may!

As for size, I use SmugMug small just because I like the layout. Should I set it for "Viewer Control" and let people choose? I looked at one of your galleries--nice flowers, by the way--and it came up as SmugMug but the images didn't seem any bigger than mine. Maybe the small size shows up smaller on a different computer? Anyway, I'd appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks!
    Lauren
    "But ask the animals, and they will teach you." (Job 12:7)

Lauren Blackwell
    www.redleashphoto.com
  • jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
    edited May 19, 2008
    redleash wrote:
    Thanks, John. I was having trouble with the breadcrumbs yesterday, so that must be it. I will probably just remove those codes and let the crumbs scatter where they may!

As for size, I use SmugMug small just because I like the layout. Should I set it for "Viewer Control" and let people choose? I looked at one of your galleries--nice flowers, by the way--and it came up as SmugMug but the images didn't seem any bigger than mine. Maybe the small size shows up smaller on a different computer? Anyway, I'd appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks!
    Lauren

My galleries are set to automatically size themselves to your window. If you have a small window, you get a small main image. If you have a large window, you get a large main image. Yours are forced to a small size no matter how large my window/screen. That means I can't see a larger size even though I have a 30" monitor.
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
    Always include a link to your site when posting a question