14 year old Model Shots

idoteechidoteech Registered Users Posts: 145 Major grins
edited October 14, 2008 in People
The secretary at the school I teach at asked me to do some head (and full body) shots of her 14 year old for her modeling portfolio. I was a little unsure at first, but I thought that it couldn't hurt to try, and if she wasn't completely satisfied, it would be good practice. Here are a few (post processed, of course). C&C Welcomed.

298039062_v2eBA-L.jpg

2. 298024536_ez8BF-L.jpg

3. 298027026_fNqMq-L.jpg

Thanks guys!

Comments

• Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited May 19, 2008
    A very nice set......Your client should be very pleased.
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• idoteechidoteech Registered Users Posts: 145 Major grins
    edited May 19, 2008
    Art Scott wrote:
    A very nice set......Your client should be very pleased.

Thank you Art. I learn as I go, and dgrin has been such a source of help and encouragement.
  • LUCKYSHOTLUCKYSHOT Registered Users Posts: 120 Major grins
    edited May 19, 2008
    I really like shots 1 and 3. She seems to be forcing the smile in #2 but the exposure and bokeh are great
    all the best
    chris
    No Good Deed Goes Unpunished
    :whip

WWW.LONGISLANDIMAGE.COM
  • Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited May 19, 2008
    As i earlier posted they are all very good....now I am gonna pick on them a bit.....please look for comments inside of your quoted message below.....
    idoteech wrote:

1.....A very nice natural looking smile and pose...this is by far the best.....nothing to do with photog but as far as a model shot goes the best.......Processing excellent
    298039062_v2eBA-L.jpg

tell model(s) to smile naturally...unless of course you ahve a tube of tooth paste and brush in hand (models' hands that is)......her smile is a tad strained, looks fake....most smiles are fake but need to look natural.......again processing excellent298024536_ez8BF-L.jpg

3.......excellent processing nice pose, except for her hands....
    they need to be doing something but not floating away from her body( her right hand seems to be moving away).......this shot would look very good if she was standing with hands on hips of having her arms crossed as if she getting tired of waiting on the bf to show up .........I really like the black vignette
    298027026_fNqMq-L.jpg

Thanks guys!

If you ahve not released these to your client I would add a small border all the way around and in the bottom right corner of the boder put the models name....ie Model: Kim Baysinger......then around the corner still on the right had side of photo put your contact info.....full name and Ablaze studios, full addy and phone number.....

With border and all done resize to 8x10....as this is the smallest should ever carry to show......find out what size her portfolio is and resize to that....if this her first photos for that then tell mom that they should be no smaller than 8x10.........if you do nt want to put a border them just make sure that your full contact is on that lower right hand corner ....if she actuall shows these off an agency just might like your work and call to pick you up to do more work for them......
    Her portfolio is also YOUR portfolio.........
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• joshhuntnmjoshhuntnm Registered Users Posts: 1,924 Major grins
    edited May 20, 2008
    All great. I love the eyes in #1
  • jeffreaux2jeffreaux2 Registered Users Posts: 4,762 Major grins
    edited May 20, 2008
    Hi Eva,

I think you did a very good job with these. Of the three, I agree that #1 is the best image. I cringe every time I see selectively colored eyes on a BW photo...a matter of choice I am sure, but I still think it cheapens the already beautiful photograph.

The forced smile has already been mentioned on #2. It also appears as though a little fill flash could have helped to brighten her eye areas.

#3. I think the image would have been stronger had it not been shot so square on to her as well as being centered. I can see lines from the texture you used in her legs. If you intended this...okay...if not you may want to go back and use a layer mask to keep the texture off her.

Ok. So now your 3 shots have been nitpicked. They are still very good shots, so don't sweat it. Just pointers for the future!!

Great job...I am sure they will be pleased.thumb.gif
  • arunakarunak Registered Users Posts: 7 Beginner grinner
    edited October 14, 2008
    Pardon my ignorance, isn't the PP for skin a bit too much for Pic 2, and very unnatural? I guess that's what clients like, to show un-natural, skin? Well, what do I know?

jeffreaux2 wrote:
    Hi Eva,

I think you did a very good job with these. Of the three, I agree that #1 is the best image. I cringe every time I see selectively colored eyes on a BW photo...a matter of choice I am sure, but I still think it cheapens the already beautiful photograph.

The forced smile has already been mentioned on #2. It also appears as though a little fill flash could have helped to brighten her eye areas.

#3. I think the image would have been stronger had it not been shot so square on to her as well as being centered. I can see lines from the texture you used in her legs. If you intended this...okay...if not you may want to go back and use a layer mask to keep the texture off her.

Ok. So now your 3 shots have been nitpicked. They are still very good shots, so don't sweat it. Just pointers for the future!!

Great job...I am sure they will be pleased.thumb.gif
  • NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited October 14, 2008
    Eva,
    images are lovely! thumb.gif
    There is one gotcha: with any underage model you better have a written release from parents to be able display them in a public forum, even such a nice one as dgrin. Better be safe than - very - sorry. deal.gif
    "May the f/stop be with you!"