Options

Window light...

JavaLoverJavaLover Registered Users Posts: 306 Major grins
edited May 29, 2008 in Technique
We went up north this weekend and rented a cabin. I love this picture of my 'pathetic' dog looking longingly out the window. However, the window light bothers me. What else? And is there anything I can do about the light? I have Elements 6. Thanks for the advice. :D

298250974_bryuN-M.jpg
Canon 40D, stock lens and now a Canon 55mm-250mm f/4-5.6 IS.
tfarley.smugmug.com

Comments

• Options
    VelvtRideVelvtRide Registered Users Posts: 364 Major grins
    edited May 20, 2008
    JavaLover wrote:
    We went up north this weekend and rented a cabin. I love this picture of my 'pathetic' dog looking longingly out the window. However, the window light bothers me. What else? And is there anything I can do about the light? I have Elements 6. Thanks for the advice. :D

298250974_bryuN-M.jpg

I used Elements 5.0 and went into Lighting Effects(under Filters>Render) and played around.

Achieved this by using the Omni filter. There are many other types of lighting in there that will give you lots of different looks - not sure if this is what you were looking for, or not. :D

298502904_brwjq-O.jpg

P.S. Your pooch is definitely not pathetic!
  • Options
    RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,937 moderator
    edited May 20, 2008
    I'm not sure what is bothering you. headscratch.gif I think this is a very good shot as is. There does not appear to be anything blown other than the window itself. You can't do anything about that in post other than make it gray instead of white. If what you wanted was to see some detail of the outside through the window, you would have had to take multiple exposures and combine them in post. But the subject is the dog, so I'm not sure that would add anything.

Regards,
  • Options
    edited May 20, 2008
    Richard wrote:
    I'm not sure what is bothering you. headscratch.gif I think this is a very good shot as is. There does not appear to be anything blown other than the window itself. You can't do anything about that in post other than make it gray instead of white. If what you wanted was to see some detail of the outside through the window, you would have had to take multiple exposures and combine them in post. But the subject is the dog, so I'm not sure that would add anything.

Regards,

So the window light is ok in this instance? Maybe I was over thinking this. headscratch.gif

Thanks for your thoughts.
    tfarley.smugmug.com
  • Options
    edited May 20, 2008
    VelvtRide wrote:
    I used Elements 5.0 and went into Lighting Effects(under Filters>Render) and played around.

Achieved this by using the Omni filter. There are many other types of lighting in there that will give you lots of different looks - not sure if this is what you were looking for, or not. :D

298502904_brwjq-O.jpg

P.S. Your pooch is definitely not pathetic!

Thanks for playing with it. I'm not sure, I think the grey is more distracting then the blown out window. I will definatly look into the fliters you suggested and play around.

Laughing.gif...when I called him pathetic I was thinking of this photo...
    298835563_Hbmem-M.jpg

This was him at the foot of the bed after looking out the window. "Hey Mom can't we go outside?" rolleyes1.gif
    tfarley.smugmug.com
  • Options
    VelvtRideVelvtRide Registered Users Posts: 364 Major grins
    edited May 28, 2008
    JavaLover wrote:
    Thanks for playing with it. I'm not sure, I think the grey is more distracting then the blown out window. I will definatly look into the fliters you suggested and play around.

Laughing.gif...when I called him pathetic I was thinking of this photo...
    298835563_Hbmem-M.jpg

This was him at the foot of the bed after looking out the window. "Hey Mom can't we go outside?" rolleyes1.gif

That's the evil look - cuz they usually get what they want with that one. lol3.gif
  • Options
    edited May 29, 2008
    VelvtRide wrote:
    That's the evil look - cuz they usually get what they want with that one. lol3.gif
    Laughing.gif...yeah pretty much. I owe him a trip to the dog park. I've been sick the past 3 days and haven't been able to succumbe to his evil stare. mwink.gif
    tfarley.smugmug.com