Todays Jones Beach Photos

VycorVycor Registered Users Posts: 386 Major grins
edited May 20, 2008 in Landscapes
I couldn't pass up how the clouds looked today, so I stopped by the beach. Went to a different spot today. Originally was not going to stop then on my way home (took the long way home along the beach) I stopped at a field along the water, which made it esaier to photograph things.

They have all the trash cans out now, so I walked to the water, took a few shots.

My HDR style ones didn't come out good, there was a LOT of wind and it moved the clouds a lot so the clouds were blurred. So I did some tone mapping on these single shot images.

I didn't stick around long to get ideal shots, because the wint was REALLLLLLLLLLY kicking up and my camera took a good beating. And I was cold, since I had no socks/shoes on cause the water kept attacking me. Heres two shots:

photo-39-1.jpg

photo-40-1.jpg

Comments

• imaximax Registered Users Posts: 691 Major grins
    edited May 20, 2008
    Ah the memories, It looks just like I remember it. Spent many a day at Jones Beach back in the late 70's, skipping school and enjoying the beach for the day. THanks for bringing those back............

Joe
  • VycorVycor Registered Users Posts: 386 Major grins
    edited May 20, 2008
    Anytime... maybe the sun/wind will be nice to me tomm and not chase me off the beach.
  • colfraglesscolfragless Registered Users Posts: 128 Major grins
    edited May 20, 2008
    WOW man that first shot is amazing!!!! Love it great capture!!!!
    A Day where One can Spend all day doing something they Love is a wonderful day in deed... ~sparky~

Sparkyphotography.net
  • DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited May 20, 2008
    I love the beach... thumb.gif