One last lacrosse shot

KMCCKMCC Registered Users Posts: 717 Major grins
edited May 24, 2008 in Sports
As others have said, the 2008 lacrosse season is just about in the books. The Georgia high school playoffs ended two weeks ago and I just got back from the MCLA national championship tournament in Dallas where Michigan won the Division I championship and Westminster won Division II.

This shot is from Westminster's win over Dayton in the Division II semifinals.

297772935_m9Uye-L.jpg

Kent
"Not everybody trusts paintings, but people believe photographs."- Ansel Adams
Web site

Comments

• oldtimeoldtime Registered Users Posts: 331 Major grins
    edited May 20, 2008
    Sweet!!!!!!!
    D-50, D2H,D300
    Nikon 50mm 1.8D
    Sigma 120-300 2.8
    Sigma 70-300-4-5.6
    my Galleries
    http://oldtime.smugmug.com/
    http://www.sportsshooter.com/members.html?id=6707
  • KEDKED Registered Users Posts: 843 Major grins
    edited May 20, 2008
    Nice shot, and nice to hear from you after a long hiatus!
  • BlueHoseJacketBlueHoseJacket Registered Users Posts: 509 Major grins
    edited May 21, 2008
    Nice shot Kent...is that with your new lense that your wife forced you to buy? You wanna swap wives?:D:D:D
  • KMCCKMCC Registered Users Posts: 717 Major grins
    edited May 21, 2008
    Nice shot Kent...is that with your new lense that your wife forced you to buy? You wanna swap wives?:D:D:D
    Thanks to everyone for all of the comments.

Yes, that was taken with the 400 that she did, in fact, insist that I get.

bowdown.gif Others have described her as a saint. I wouldn't trade her for anything.

Kent
    Web site
  • Hockey is LifeHockey is Life Registered Users Posts: 17 Big grins
    edited May 21, 2008
    Kent,

Awesome shot and if you wife is forcing you to buy new lenses, does she have a sister.

Great shot.

I hope you had the chance to shoot the Milton Girls Lacrosse Dynasty, 4 years in a row.

Roy
    edited May 22, 2008
    Kent,

Awesome shot and if you wife is forcing you to buy new lenses, does she have a sister.

Great shot.

I hope you had the chance to shoot the Milton Girls Lacrosse Dynasty, 4 years in a row.

Roy
    Thanks for the comments.

As a matter of fact, she has three sisters - most are spoken for and not nearly as open minded as my wife.

I did shoot the Milton girls 4th state championship in a row. They are rapidly becoming a dynasty. It'll be interesting to see if they can do the 5th.

Kent
    Web site
  • BlueHoseJacketBlueHoseJacket Registered Users Posts: 509 Major grins
    edited May 22, 2008
    Personally....I think Milton can win another 4 in a row...that program is soooo deep compared to those around the state.

Kent...if her sisters are either taken or not as open minded.....how is your health??? any tightness in your chest???? can I buy you a couple of Varsity chili dogs??:D:D:D:D
    edited May 22, 2008
    Personally....I think Milton can win another 4 in a row...that program is soooo deep compared to those around the state.

Kent...if her sisters are either taken or not as open minded.....how is your health??? any tightness in your chest???? can I buy you a couple of Varsity chili dogs??:D:D:D:D

To be honest, I prefer the more palatable Varsity chili cheese dog accented with an order of rings. thumb.gif

Kent
    Web site
  • TristanPTristanP Registered Users Posts: 1,107 Major grins
    edited May 22, 2008
    Nice capture, Kent.
    panekfamily.smugmug.com (personal)
    tristansphotography.com (motorsports)

Canon 20D | 10-22 | 17-85 IS | 50/1.4 | 70-300 IS | 100/2.8 macro
    Sony F717 | Hoya R72
  • ASkipASkip Registered Users Posts: 224 Major grins
    edited May 23, 2008
    KMCC wrote:
    As others have said, the 2008 lacrosse season is just about in the books. The Georgia high school playoffs ended two weeks ago and I just got back from the MCLA national championship tournament in Dallas where Michigan won the Division I championship and Westminster won Division II.

This shot is from Westminster's win over Dayton in the Division II semifinals.
    Nice of the kid to jump in the air for you and for the defender to stay out of the way! cool shot. I saw you were part of the MCLA Royalty. was it fun?
    edited May 24, 2008
    ASkip wrote:
    Nice of the kid to jump in the air for you and for the defender to stay out of the way! cool shot. I saw you were part of the MCLA Royalty. was it fun?
    Yeah, but he had a hard time holding the pose so that I could take a couple of shots from different angles.

We all had a great time in Dallas.

Kent
    Web site