View Stats

DrRichCoxDrRichCox Registered Users Posts: 10 Big grins
edited May 20, 2008 in SmugMug Support
I there any way you guys could arrange the viewing stats in an order that reflects the number of views on the galleries (high to low). It would be nice to see a graph or table arranged this way so that it would be easier to see what's being viewed most.

Comments

• SheafSheaf Registered Users, SmugMug Product Team Posts: 775 SmugMug Employee
    edited May 20, 2008
    DrRichCox wrote:
    I there any way you guys could arrange the viewing stats in an order that reflects the number of views on the galleries (high to low). It would be nice to see a graph or table arranged this way so that it would be easier to see what's being viewed most.

We would like to do a number of things to make that user interface better, including sorting by gallery title, number of total hits, etc. And we would also like to make it much easier to browse through galleries, either through the use of categories or some other method.

It's not our highest priority right now, but it's on our radar.
    SmugMug Product Manager
  • ghealyghealy Registered Users Posts: 247 Major grins
    edited May 20, 2008
    Wouldn’t hold my breath waiting for anything to be done. I've been complaining about the stats for well over a year. And the only thing that has happened is it’s gone from bad to worse.

When I first signed on several years ago, the stats were so-so no sorting capabilities but is gave you a decent idea of what was going on. Then there was some sort of problem that caused an uproar at the time particularly amongst the Pro users. Whatever that problem was, it got fixed. But as a result, suddenly I was getting numerous galleries with no stats showing up. And from what I can see there is no rhyme nor reason to the order displayed. I can go through a dozen galleries with no activity before I see one that has had activity.

• DrRichCoxDrRichCox Registered Users Posts: 10 Big grins
    edited May 20, 2008
    Thanks....I like the current stats, but thought this would make it better.

Sheaf wrote:
    We would like to do a number of things to make that user interface better, including sorting by gallery title, number of total hits, etc. And we would also like to make it much easier to browse through galleries, either through the use of categories or some other method.

It's not our highest priority right now, but it's on our radar.