Saving problems

ChillerChiller Registered Users Posts: 34 Big grins
edited May 20, 2008 in SmugMug Support
Hey everyone. Over the last little while I have had problems saving my edits to my galleries. In one instance...I created a gallery, but made it private, till I was finished. Once I was done, I unlocked the gallery and went public, save it , but it never unlocked it. I ended up having to create a second gallery, made it public and transfered all the images over. In another instance. I created a gallery and mistakenly made the thumbs square. When I corrected the issue, it never save that correction either, and had to do the same, and create a new gallery.
Today, I created a second banner for one of my galleries. I have the correct size, and did everything exactly the same as my other banners, but this wont save again.
Here is a link to the gallery
http://chiller.smugmug.com/gallery/4982644_6MumA#296680545_iJLsM

It keeps showing my home page banner, even tho I have added the codes in my CSS box.
Was just wondering if I missed something, or there have been other issues. I have also tried on 2 different computers, just in case.
Thank you so much in advance for your help.
:D:D

Comments

• jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
    edited May 20, 2008
    Chiller wrote:
    Hey everyone. Over the last little while I have had problems saving my edits to my galleries. In one instance...I created a gallery, but made it private, till I was finished. Once I was done, I unlocked the gallery and went public, save it , but it never unlocked it. I ended up having to create a second gallery, made it public and transfered all the images over. In another instance. I created a gallery and mistakenly made the thumbs square. When I corrected the issue, it never save that correction either, and had to do the same, and create a new gallery.
    Today, I created a second banner for one of my galleries. I have the correct size, and did everything exactly the same as my other banners, but this wont save again.
    Here is a link to the gallery
    http://chiller.smugmug.com/gallery/4982644_6MumA#296680545_iJLsM

It keeps showing my home page banner, even tho I have added the codes in my CSS box.
    Was just wondering if I missed something, or there have been other issues. I have also tried on 2 different computers, just in case.
    Thank you so much in advance for your help.
    :D:D

In your CSS, if you change ".category_Expressions" to ".category_Art", you will see your 2nd banner in the above linked gallery. Expressions is the sub-category, not the category and Smugmug doesn't seem to make a CSS class for the sub-category name like they do for the category name.

On the change from square thumbs, you just have to wait a little while for the thumbs to regenerate in the background. It can sometimes take 10-20 minutes, though it usually goes faster than that.
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
    Always include a link to your site when posting a question
  • ChillerChiller Registered Users Posts: 34 Big grins
    edited May 20, 2008
    jfriend wrote:
    In your CSS, if you change ".category_Expressions" to ".category_Art", you will see your 2nd banner in the above linked gallery. Expressions is the sub-category, not the category and Smugmug doesn't seem to make a CSS class for the sub-category name like they do for the category name.

On the change from square thumbs, you just have to wait a little while for the thumbs to regenerate in the background. It can sometimes take 10-20 minutes, though it usually goes faster than that.

You are brilliant. Thanks so much for your help. clap.gifbowdown.gifclap.gif