Moving Forward...trying to be different

hawkeye978hawkeye978 Registered Users Posts: 1,218 Major grins
edited May 22, 2008 in The Dgrin Challenges
Some ideas I'm considering for the challenge. Trying to look at it a little differently so I'm wondering if the theme is coming through. All comments, critiques, etc. greatly appreciated.

299018223_WgxXF-L.jpg
Renewal #1

299018279_Ri9KF-L.jpg

Renewal #2

299018325_6JSRd-L.jpg

History's Lesson

Thanks for looking...

Comments

• FlyingginaFlyinggina Registered Users Posts: 2,639 Major grins
    edited May 22, 2008
    Nice photos, Tom. Of the three, the second is my favorite.

The first two do fit the theme in the sense that new growth in the spring is a kind of moving forward. I think that there are already a couple of entries using this concept.

The third strikes me as too static to work well for the theme, even knowing that the statue is Paul Revere.

As to the first two, I like the golden glow but they look muddy on my monitor. The flowers need to be whiter, especially in the second, and the pictures as a whole need more pop. It might be as simple as setting a white point and a black point. You might run the pictures by the folks in the techniques forum for advice on how to raise them to the next level.

Good luck!

Virginia

Email
  • hawkeye978hawkeye978 Registered Users Posts: 1,218 Major grins
    edited May 22, 2008
    Virginia,

Thanks for the comments. I did make a curve adjustment on the first two to increase the luminosity in the whites and it does help.

Here is the second adjusted.

299576372_kNSuB-L-0.jpg

Thanks again...