Options

Image size is smaller than it should be...

CasonCason Registered Users Posts: 414 Major grins
edited May 22, 2008 in Finishing School
I plan on printing an 11x17 poster. However, I am missing something. See below. This is a template that shows the size of the poster with bleed room.

299567480_zApbM-L.jpg

Here is a test photo that shows the image size. It is the highest res from my 30D.

299567465_hgwc4-L.jpg

You can see the document size is much larger than the poster. However, when I drag the photo into the poster, it does not fill up.

299567499_FxvML-L.jpg

Am I doing something wrong? I see that the pixel size is much larger for the poster. However, I figured I would be dealing with the document size. :scratch
Cason

www.casongarner.com

5D MkII | 30D | 50mm f1.8 II | 85mm f1.8 | 24-70mm f2.8
L | 70-200mm f2.8L IS II | Manfrotto 3021BPRO with 322RC2

Comments

• Options
    jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
    edited May 22, 2008
    RTP wrote:
    I plan on printing an 11x17 poster. However, I am missing something. See below. This is a template that shows the size of the poster with bleed room.

299567480_zApbM-L.jpg

Here is a test photo that shows the image size. It is the highest res from my 30D.

299567465_hgwc4-L.jpg

You can see the document size is much larger than the poster. However, when I drag the photo into the poster, it does not fill up.

299567499_FxvML-L.jpg

Am I doing something wrong? I see that the pixel size is much larger for the poster. However, I figured I would be dealing with the document size. headscratch.gif

When you drag one image into another, the second pixels are added to the first. The "dimensions" of the second image are not used at all. So you are adding a 3504 x 2336 pixel image to a 5175 x 3450 pixel image and thus it looks like you see it.

To make it behave the way you want, you will need to make the pixel size of the two images match using Image/Resize before combining them or you can transform the added layer to match after dragging it in.
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
    Always include a link to your site when posting a question