Peeling Paint

kygardenkygarden Registered Users Posts: 1,060 Major grins
edited May 23, 2008 in Other Cool Shots
This shot has been sitting around for a couple years now on my PC. Just a normal color image. The other day I decided to have another go at it and got more creative :) I really love it now. Before it was just ok and not something I'd want to take note of...but now I love looking at it!!

Here it is...

299200744_RZ3kv-M.jpg

Comments

• jpljpl Registered Users Posts: 96 Big grins
    edited May 22, 2008
    I like it. It has that hint of fine detail in the cracked paint that really draws me in to look at the image more closely. I really like the upper lock on the right door. I think the vignetting, especially on the right side of the image, is a little over done though at least to my tastes.
  • SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited May 22, 2008
    kygarden wrote:
    This shot has been sitting around for a couple years now on my PC. Just a normal color image. The other day I decided to have another go at it and got more creative :) I really love it now. Before it was just ok and not something I'd want to take note of...but now I love looking at it!!

Here it is...

I love your processing on this shot, the flaking paint and the doors themselves look great.

The colour tone you've applied works beautifully with this shot,
    as does your vignetting on the corners and centering the light on the two doors.... very nicely edited clap.gif .... Skippy :D
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited May 22, 2008
    I like it...I'd frame it and hang it up thumb.gif
  • kygardenkygarden Registered Users Posts: 1,060 Major grins
    edited May 23, 2008
    Thanks everyone - I appreciate it! :)