Fractalius... uh oh I'm Hooked.

TacoTaco Registered Users Posts: 16 Big grins
edited May 26, 2008 in Other Cool Shots
Seen some of the other work here and had to get the program. Here's one of my first ones. Flowers look great.

My first try was with a photo that already had extensive PP done in PS. It was a 20+meg file... Fractalius would do it's thing (for like an hour) and then... poof... nothing happened. So now I do the Fractal thing first and then other PP.

Any others out there with tips on this program?

Ron
rholliday.smugmug.com
Ron
rholliday.smugmug.com

Comments

• BBiggsBBiggs Registered Users Posts: 688 Major grins
    edited May 22, 2008
    Nice shot! I really enjoy the colors here alot! The way everything flows and blends is very interesting!
  • black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,323 Major grins
    edited May 22, 2008
    I'm beginning to think I may have to try this stuff. I do like some of the effects you can get. Nice work on this one.
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited May 23, 2008
    Taco wrote:
    Seen some of the other work here and had to get the program. Here's one of my first ones. Flowers look great.

My first try was with a photo that already had extensive PP done in PS. It was a 20+meg file... Fractalius would do it's thing (for like an hour) and then... poof... nothing happened. So now I do the Fractal thing first and then other PP.

Any others out there with tips on this program?

Ron
    rholliday.smugmug.com

Ron this shot has beautiful colours, and a very magical feel to it.
    I can see why your hooked on Fractaius.

Lovely Shot clap.gif .... Skippy :D
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • JavaLoverJavaLover Registered Users Posts: 306 Major grins
    edited May 23, 2008
    Wow, gorgeous. I love the colors and the lighting. I didn't realize this was a program. I'll have to check it out, so many programs so little time!
    Canon 40D, stock lens and now a Canon 55mm-250mm f/4-5.6 IS.
    tfarley.smugmug.com
  • PhotoDavid78PhotoDavid78 Registered Users Posts: 939 Major grins
    edited May 23, 2008
    I find it also takes forever to render no matter what I do or don't do to the photo.
    David Weiss | Canon 5D Mark III | FujiFilm XT-4 | iPhone
    My Website
    Facebook | Twitter | | VSCOgrid | Instagram |
  • TacoTaco Registered Users Posts: 16 Big grins
    edited May 23, 2008
    Thank you all for your comments.

What I really like about these is that I can use photos that didnt quite make it as a real pic for one reason or another, yet were not ready for the trash bin.

Here's one of an old weed-flower? I originally liked the flower, but after normal processing... it was just too shabby. But I like how the Fractal turned out.
    Ron
    rholliday.smugmug.com
  • TacoTaco Registered Users Posts: 16 Big grins
    edited May 23, 2008
    dtw78 wrote:
    I find it also takes forever to render no matter what I do or don't do to the photo.

Yes it does take forever... My problem with photos that already had processing, was that even after waiting forever... nothing happened.

Might just be the limitations of my computer. Oh goodie... more stuff to buy. :)
    Ron
    rholliday.smugmug.com
  • PhotoDavid78PhotoDavid78 Registered Users Posts: 939 Major grins
    edited May 26, 2008
    Here are a few of mine:

301719210_Q5kGB-L.jpg

301143325_5rMwX-L.jpg

274618565_tJqQg-L.jpg

Click here to see more
    David Weiss | Canon 5D Mark III | FujiFilm XT-4 | iPhone
    My Website
    Facebook | Twitter | | VSCOgrid | Instagram |