Model shoot, fronting a band

1pocket1pocket Registered Users Posts: 299 Major grins
edited May 25, 2008 in People
This started as a band shoot, but I offered a model a chance to get in on the shoot. It was all done in studio, but I was trying to create the look of a live stage. The band was indeed live (good studio to be able to do that in!), in fact they sounded great. And she looked great. It was a lot of fun all around.

These shots revolve around the model -- maybe I'll post a few of the guys in the band later.

Also, I've put up a gallery with about 130 images -- if any of you like this kind of thing and would be willing to flip through the gallery and comment on anything you particularly like or don't like, I will gladly return the favor in a gallery of your choosing on your own site -- a critique exchange, if you will.

Her gallery from this shoot is here:
Rock & Roll Megan

298803647_nX6dy-L.jpg

297528602_pycnt-L.jpg

297525558_n28FS-L.jpg

298224509_4QxZG-L.jpg

298182874_v2KnX-M.jpg
My humble gallery...
www.steveboothphotography.com

Pool/Billiards specific...
www.poolinaction.com

Comments

• ladytxladytx Registered Users Posts: 814 Major grins
    edited May 23, 2008
    You've got some great shots here.
    LadyTX
  • super starsuper star Registered Users Posts: 101 Major grins
    edited May 23, 2008
    bowdown.gifbowbowdown.gifbowbowdown.gif3 & 6 bowdown.gifbowbowdown.gifbowbowdown.gif
  • beetle8beetle8 Registered Users Posts: 677 Major grins
    edited May 23, 2008
    I like them all,
    #1 is the only that looks like a live shot though,
    #5 would be a great promo shot
  • 1pocket1pocket Registered Users Posts: 299 Major grins
    edited May 23, 2008
    beetle8 wrote:
    I like them all,
    #1 is the only that looks like a live shot though,
    #5 would be a great promo shot
    Here's a couple more that look a little "live"... but it's true that she vaccilated between performing as a model for the camera vs going more for the theatre of the theme.

298801291_eWx2z-L.jpg

298213826_otLZZ-L.jpg

This is one of my favorites of her more as a model -- not a crazy pose or anything, but great eyes...
    298817787_W4mm7-L.jpg
    My humble gallery...

www.poolinaction.com
  • beetle8beetle8 Registered Users Posts: 677 Major grins
    edited May 24, 2008
    #2 "rocks" hahah get it? "rocks" oh boy I'm too funny.
    The set must have been fun, the lighting and angles are all right on for the live look very cool session.
  • SenecaSeneca Registered Users Posts: 1,661 Major grins
    edited May 24, 2008
    Great shots! clap.gif
  • Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited May 24, 2008
    Forthe most part these are very good....okay.....friggin great......but fake looking......why do I say fake.....well she is not holding the mic with any conviction.......her muscles should be strained to the hilt....that hand on the mic should be almost white knuckled.....unless she was singin' some drizzly dopey love song ballads......but it did not look like it.....If I owned that SM58 she was holding I would've been screaming for her not to drop it....Ok so they aren't real high priced mics but if that is all you got then you can't afford it to be damaged..........
    In shot #2 should've got the missing hand and feet...and touch more space on the right side and that woulda been a poster.........

Hope I didn't offend........Just tryin to give food for growth for the next shoot......if you evr try the one with smoke again{#3}....that one shoulda had some hard core action or not.......mwink.gif
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• BPerronBPerron Registered Users Posts: 464 Major grins
    edited May 24, 2008
    Art Scott wrote:
    Forthe most part these are very good....okay.....friggin great......but fake looking......why do I say fake.....well she is not holding the mic with any conviction.......her muscles should be strained to the hilt....that hand on the mic should be almost white knuckled.....unless she was singin' some drizzly dopey love song ballads......but it did not look like it.....If I owned that SM58 she was holding I would've been screaming for her not to drop it....Ok so they aren't real high priced mics but if that is all you got then you can't afford it to be damaged..........
    In shot #2 should've got the missing hand and feet...and touch more space on the right side and that woulda been a poster.........

Hope I didn't offend........Just tryin to give food for growth for the next shoot......if you evr try the one with smoke again{#3}....that one shoulda had some hard core action or not.......mwink.gif
    I agree...you have some great tech. photographs, but it is not truly conveyed, they look staged cause they are...The one with the guitarist and her with their arms in the air, it the most convincing out of all of them...There is just something with a true live shoot and capturing that in the moment that you can not recreate in a photograph...but I do think for portraits you have some great, great work.
    Brandon Perron Photography
    www.brandonperron.com
    edited May 24, 2008
    Art Scott wrote:
    Forthe most part these are very good....okay.....friggin great......but fake looking......why do I say fake.....well she is not holding the mic with any conviction.......her muscles should be strained to the hilt....that hand on the mic should be almost white knuckled
    I agree; if she really was a lead singer, I'm sure she would have handled the mic with more authority.
    .....unless she was singin' some drizzly dopey love song ballads......but it did not look like it.....If I owned that SM58 she was holding I would've been screaming for her not to drop it....Ok so they aren't real high priced mics but if that is all you got then you can't afford it to be damaged..........
    Yeah, I switched to a little wider angle right after this -- I knew i was missing something!
    Thanks for your comments!
    My humble gallery...

www.poolinaction.com
    edited May 24, 2008
    BPerron wrote:
    I agree...you have some great tech. photographs, but it is not truly conveyed, they look staged cause they are...The one with the guitarist and her with their arms in the air, it the most convincing out of all of them...There is just something with a true live shoot and capturing that in the moment that you can not recreate in a photograph...but I do think for portraits you have some great, great work.
    Thanks!

Okay, here are a couple of the guys...genuinely performing...music!!

#9 -- the bass player
    299344434_ZSHXy-L-1.jpg

#10 -- lead guitar
    300561111_YpNFW-L.jpg
    My humble gallery...

www.poolinaction.com
  • BPerronBPerron Registered Users Posts: 464 Major grins
    edited May 25, 2008
    1pocket wrote:
    Thanks!

Okay, here are a couple of the guys...genuinely performing...music!!

#9 -- the bass player
    299344434_ZSHXy-L-1.jpg

#10 -- lead guitar
    300561111_YpNFW-L.jpg

Very nice...you can totally tell that they are truly playing, and you the face of the first photo captures that well.
    Brandon Perron Photography
    www.brandonperron.com
  • Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited May 25, 2008
    You did a very good job with these.thumb.gifthumbthumb.gifclap.gifclapclap.gif
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website