Options

Need some help

blackwaterstudioblackwaterstudio Registered Users Posts: 779 Major grins
edited April 9, 2005 in Technique
I have a resturant owner that wants me to design a poster type deal so he can hang them up around the area so people can see what the resturant looks like, some foods, etc.

He wants on it on a 11 x 17 poster. I've never done anything like this in PS but I'm guessing it can be done. I'm not sure how many pictures he wants on it, I still have to take them. But I would like to get started so I can show hima rough draft.

Comments

• Options
    Shay StephensShay Stephens Registered Users Posts: 3,165 Major grins
    edited April 8, 2005
    Create an 11"x17" 300dpi document. Use drawings as photo placeholders if needed, add your text, etc until you have something that resembles what the real poster will look like. Have a meeting to discuss it. As changes are made, update the demo document with drawings representing what photo goes where and what it will contain. Then when that process is done, you know what you need to shoot, and roughly what it needs to look like, and both you and the client are already on the same page.

Shoot the photos, add them to the poster, and make a sample poster to see how it looks in real life. Alter as needed until the you are ready to print the real things.

If this sounds like a lot of work, it is, so make sure you get paid enough to make it worth your time and effort. Otherwise you are going to hate the process. If he doesn't want to pay you for all that, then sugest he hire a graphic artist and you will just shoot the photos.
    Creator of Dgrin's "Last Photographer Standing" contest
    "Failure is feedback. And feedback is the breakfast of champions." - fortune cookie
  • Options
    blackwaterstudioblackwaterstudio Registered Users Posts: 779 Major grins
    edited April 8, 2005
    Thanks Shay, just wanted to make sure that it can be done in PS correct?
  • Options
    Shay StephensShay Stephens Registered Users Posts: 3,165 Major grins
    edited April 9, 2005
    I do all my page layout work in Photoshop. I am currently working on a demo CD cover (front and back) for a rock band in Liverpool England. 100% Photoshop for the layout and final artwork.
    Thanks Shay, just wanted to make sure that it can be done in PS correct?
    Creator of Dgrin's "Last Photographer Standing" contest
    "Failure is feedback. And feedback is the breakfast of champions." - fortune cookie