ICC Profiles not set

PamelaPamela Registered Users Posts: 453 Major grins
edited May 24, 2008 in SmugMug Support
I just noticed that the embed ICC Profiles were not set in DPP for Raw conversion.
I knew the check the settings after the update, somehow I missed it.

Andy

These photos have already been downloaded to my galleries, and will this effect printing.
Also I had made contact sheets in CS2, then made a proof book with blurb, I hope it wont be an issue. The book is due today.
Thankyou

Pamela

www.exposedimages.net

Comments

• BaldyBaldy Registered Users, Super Moderators Posts: 2,853 moderator
    edited May 23, 2008
    Hey Pamela,

I'm not 100% sure I understand, but I think you're saying you didn't attach ICC profiles before uploading your images? If so, no worries as long as they're in sRGB, because almost all printers including Blurb expect them that way.

If the question is, when you download images from SmugMug, they don't have an ICC profile attached, that's true of the display copies, but the originals have ICC profiles if you had them when you uploaded.

I hope this helps.

Thanks,
    Chris
  • PamelaPamela Registered Users Posts: 453 Major grins
    edited May 23, 2008
    Chris

Im saying is , the imbed ICC profile when converting raw to jpeg in DPP was not selected.

My worries are that the photos will not be correct for printing, for Blurb and my smugmug site.
    Thankyou

Pamela

www.exposedimages.net
  • jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
    edited May 23, 2008
    Pamela wrote:
    Chris

Im saying is , the imbed ICC profile when converting raw to jpeg in DPP was not selected.

My worries are that the photos will not be correct for printing, for Blurb and my smugmug site.

What Chris is saying is that if you specified that you wanted the image to be sRGB when you converted it from RAW, then you're OK for Smugmug printing and Blurb even if the sRGB profile isn't actually embedded. If you specified some other profile (AdobeRGB or ProPhotoRGB), then you may have color issues.

If you point us at some images on Smugmug, we can take a look for you.
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
    Always include a link to your site when posting a question
  • PamelaPamela Registered Users Posts: 453 Major grins
    edited May 24, 2008
    John

In DPP, when you convert a raw to JPeg, a box comes up giving you choices to pick for the conversion. One of them is imbed the icc profile. sRGB was selected in another area.

I wish png's worked I would send a screen capture.
    Thankyou

Pamela

www.exposedimages.net
  • jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
    edited May 24, 2008
    Pamela wrote:
    John

In DPP, when you convert a raw to JPeg, a box comes up giving you choices to pick for the conversion. One of them is imbed the icc profile. sRGB was selected in another area.

I wish png's worked I would send a screen capture.

If sRGB was selected elsewhere as the target color space, then you are probably OK even if it wasn't embedded.
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
    Always include a link to your site when posting a question